The War On Drugs.

Sense is coming, more and more countries / states are moving towards legalisation these days, its a none winnable "war", at least taking the profits away from the criminals is a start. I dont see much news on any of the bad stuff from places that have legalised it, turned a blind eye to it, is there any, much?

None of the current drugs have appeared as if by magic, they have always been here and have been discovered, so it is impossible to conceal what has always existed, albeit in a different form.

Drug dealers making their goods expensive is a cause of crime, so should they be sold over the counter at the local pharmacy?  I have to inject myself weekly with a prescribed medication and don’t see this as the highlight of my week, I know very little about drug addiction, having been addicted to tobacco and to a lesser extent alcohol I’m not about to say how users of far stronger products should deal with their addiction, I just wish them well.

28 minutes ago, crookesey said:

None of the current drugs have appeared as if by magic, they have always been here and have been discovered, so it is impossible to conceal what has always existed, albeit in a different form.

Drug dealers making their goods expensive is a cause of crime, so should they be sold over the counter at the local pharmacy?  I have to inject myself weekly with a prescribed medication and don’t see this as the highlight of my week, I know very little about drug addiction, having been addicted to tobacco and to a lesser extent alcohol I’m not about to say how users of far stronger products should deal with their addiction, I just wish them well.

Depends how you define stronger, it is said nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Depends how you define stronger, it is said nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet

Possibly because it’s so easy and cheap to purchase, however I recall 20 Bensons costing less than a pound, I recently read that this has risen to around £14.00.

8 hours ago, crookesey said:

Possibly because it’s so easy and cheap to purchase, however I recall 20 Bensons costing less than a pound, I recently read that this has risen to around £14.00.

No i meant chemically, as a substance, its supposedly more addictive than pure heroin

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

No i meant chemically, as a substance, its supposedly more addictive than pure heroin

It's probably as addictive depending on the amounts and purity taken. It's also probably as addictive as alcohol as well and we know which of those causes more problems in society.  :)

12 hours ago, Dromedary said:

It's probably as addictive depending on the amounts and purity taken. It's also probably as addictive as alcohol as well and we know which of those causes more problems in society.  :)

Only kids smoke because it makes them look cool, after that it’s a case of how addicted they are. As for alcohol, I’ve noticed that  ‘casual’ male drinkers don’t want to look like Mr Goody Two Shoes, they would probably be happier with a soft drink but are in the company of drinkers, they wouldn’t even think of popping around to the local for a couple of beers on their own.

I found quitting the smokes of circa 30 per day a lot easier than alcohol, in fact I’ve reached a compromise with myself on it. I now drink three 330ml cans/bottles of a strong lager per day, on my own over a three hours period, and then go to bed. I haven’t visited a pub/bar for many years, and shy away from any event that involves alcohol. I’m not kidding myself, I know that I’m still addicted, but if you saw the amount that I used to consume you’d think that I’d all but stopped.

• 2 weeks later...