New Fish & Chip Shop On London Road Going Back To The 1970s. Including Prices

Mister M

5 minutes ago, bassett one said:

theres a big story about this in the sun on sunday,it was a good promotion,but they mention haddock,but not cod? and is it cooked the traditional  way in dripping?

Hmmm... :huh:

At those prices...

... I'm surprised it's not stickleback cooked in used motor oil! :hihi:

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

theres a big story about this in the sun on sunday,it was a good promotion,but they mention haddock,but not cod? and is it cooked the traditional  way in dripping?

It has to be Haddock in the North East! no question!

We were down London Rd way last Saturday night & walked past Mother Hubbard's so I had a quick nosey in.  Fish & chips, £8,75.  I don't know what size portions you get for that or what the fish is?  Noticible that the place was quite empty except for about half a dozen queueing, while the other nearby restaurants were reasonably full. 

We've been to the one in Scarborough, (I suppose the name is franchised?) and there you get waitress service.  Based on the brief look in, couldn't see that the London Rd outlet has a similar set up.