The Rnli. Do You Donate?

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You guys have got your head in the sand 🙄

Eh?

Do you seriously think the government have FORCED private enterprises to take these people in?

Or, heaven forbid, canny businesspeople have realised they can make more money this way than doing a few weddings?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

You guys have got your head in the sand 🙄

Theres no reasoning with people like you 

Copying and pasting factually incorrect, unreasoned, politically biased, lecturing  statements from an individual on some obscure media  source does not sound like you are engaging in any form of reasoning, dialogue or engagement.

6 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Copying and pasting factually incorrect, unreasoned, politically biased, lecturing  statements from an individual on some obscure media  source does not sound like you are engaging in any form of reasoning, dialogue or engagement.

He wont even reply to me now, if he wants to get all his news from a Youtube echo chamber then thats his fault.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

He wont even reply to me now, if he wants to get all his news from a Youtube echo chamber then thats his fault.

He doesn’t want to do that. 

He just wants to troll the forum.

Twas ever thus, under a variety of pseudonyms.

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Im busy working

Turn on the news (Any channel)....everyone is talking about illegal migration

Sweden and Italy have just elected conservative governments on that very subject

Like i said....your head is stuck in the sand....or somewhere else

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Eh?

Do you seriously think the government have FORCED private enterprises to take these people in?

Or, heaven forbid, canny businesspeople have realised they can make more money this way than doing a few weddings?

Any chance of a reply to this specific question Jack once you get a minute?

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Any chance of a reply to this specific question?

My frustration wasnt about the fact that the hotel was taking illegal migrants but the fact that our government were putting them in luxurious hotels

But like i said....theres no talking to people like you

Who just stick their fingers in their ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA LA" when discussing illegal migration 

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

My frustration wasnt about the fact that the hotel was taking illegal migrants but the fact that our government were putting them in luxurious hotels.....

....with the full and explicit agreement of the hotel owners who realise this is a handy income stream. Yes?

Of course, that assumes that video you posted is at all accurate on that score.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Illegal (unplanned) immigration on this scale will eventually destroy the UK welfare state...

I think it will disappear in it's familiar form within my lifetime.

More and more people taking out and not enough people paying in.

I read somewhere that you have to be in the top 20-40% of the income distribution to contribute financially to society, more than you take out in services.

It is all very nice to help people less fortunate than yourselves and the vast majority of people feel instinctive empathy with others...but you really can't save the whole World.

Don't be surprised in 20 years time...if the NHS is no longer free at the point of care.

The signs of it's overload and decline are already to be seen.

I say that as someone whose partner and younger sister are directly employed by the NHS, as someone who works for an NHS supplier and as someone who has received wonderful care from them for all members of my family.

I wouldn't continue in my job if I didn't believe in it...but I can see the writing on the wall for it.

Open borders and a comprehensive welfare state are totally incompatible.

You have to choose one or the other, I'm afraid.

Don't say you weren't warned!

And going back to the original question...I used to make a few ad hoc donations when on the beach at Chapel Porth...especially after my youngest (and myself) stood on a weaver fish there and they stuck our feet in a bucket of hot water...

...but truth be told, I don't now...and the fact they are being daily abused by criminals to do their dirty work, is the reason.

I feel sorry for the crews on the boats...they must get loads of stick from some of the locals.

If they change their policy I would resume...but they are really between a rock and a hard place on this issue

Edited by crazyhorse
  • Thanks 1