Dog Walking . Or Not .

Leo Tomlinson

We have dogs ,proper dogs , they do not have a fancy name such as dogypoodle , lurcher, labradooogle and so on ,  

They are mongrol dogs ,parents un known . Our dogs are shaggy and loppy due to feriging in woods and fields as well as jumping into  dodgy ponds streams and rivers , Every day they take us out for a walk ,

By walk I mean that a proper rumbustrias walk , The daily mileage is 5 miles in two walks.

This brings me to the topic title , when is a dog walk not a dog walk , 

Near us is a recreation area. (A rec ). To give it its Sheffield name ), In this. rec  us lot meet the other lot , IE. The dog chukkers  , These dogie people just like us are supposedly taking  the little sod for a walk , but,,,,,,,,,,, that is where the story gets confused as they have usually walked just a few yards from their front gate .

Then when setting foot on the rec they produce the chukker , The chukker is a long plastic stick with a  cup on the end in which a ball is inserted (pound shop  purchase ). So legs asunder ,one eye shut they rise this chukker over the head ,wang it , the ball leaves the chucking stick and travels at amazing speed down the rec slope (all recs in Sheffield slope).

Then their little labradoodle  sets off at break net speed to retreave ball , except as us three are walking through the rec our two who are on proper walks  always lick the little inbreds to that bloody ball and waint give it back , 

This causes rows as  our two speed away  leaving dog chukkers ball less , They then pick on me saying my dogs are out of control and are bloody nuisances when in fact it’s them who are fake dog walkers pretending that they have actually taken Fido for a walk .

to be continued

Edited by Leo Tomlinson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoyed reading and having a little chuckle.    What a lovely way to spend some time every day.

Some of the simplest things in life are the most pleasurable and I'm sure your dogs will appreciate that they get proper walks, unlike some.

Big bonus, it's very good for you too.

Very good. I have a 'proper' dog, a Labrador. We do a mix of 'proper' walks of 2-4 miles, depending on how much time and energy we all have, and shorter walks sometimes including a frisbee/ball/fly-ball chucker thing, and also walks where we potter along and she sniffs away. She quite enjoys all types of walks which is the main thing. 

My view is that the chucking thing is in the knowledge that some other dog may well 'steal' this from my dog, and just to not worry about this kind of happening. Although the frisbee did cost a few quid so that would be annoying if that got nicked but not worth getting cross over. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

our two who are on proper walks  always lick the little inbreds to that bloody ball and waint give it back , 

15 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

They then pick on me saying my dogs are out of control

Your dogs *are* out of control.

(running away from you, imposing themselves on other dogs, owners, etc, stealing things, not doing what they're told)

Edited by ads36

18 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

We have dogs ,proper dogs , they do not have a fancy name such as dogypoodle , lurcher, labradooogle and so on ,  

They are mongrol dogs ,parents un known . Our dogs are shaggy and loppy due to feriging in woods and fields as well as jumping into  dodgy ponds streams and rivers , Every day they take us out for a walk ,

By walk I mean that a proper rumbustrias walk , The daily mileage is 5 miles in two walks.

This brings me to the topic title , when is a dog walk not a dog walk , 

Near us is a recreation area. (A rec ). To give it its Sheffield name ), In this. rec  us lot meet the other lot , IE. The dog chukkers  , These dogie people just like us are supposedly taking  the little sod for a walk , but,,,,,,,,,,, that is where the story gets confused as they have usually walked just a few yards from their front gate .

Then when setting foot on the rec they produce the chukker , The chukker is a long plastic stick with a  cup on the end in which a ball is inserted (pound shop  purchase ). So legs asunder ,one eye shut they rise this chukker over the head ,wang it , the ball leaves the chucking stick and travels at amazing speed down the rec slope (all recs in Sheffield slope).

Then their little labradoodle  sets off at break net speed to retreave ball , except as us three are walking through the rec our two who are on proper walks  always lick the little inbreds to that bloody ball and waint give it back , 

This causes rows as  our two speed away  leaving dog chukkers ball less , They then pick on me saying my dogs are out of control and are bloody nuisances when in fact it’s them who are fake dog walkers pretending that they have actually taken Fido for a walk .

to be continued

Get over yourself.

• Like 2

Nice story but If your dogs are knicking other dogs toys then maybe put them on a lead.

I think all dogs should be on a lead personally but not being a keen dog walker myself I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

I have two small lap dogs who have there own space at home so rarely venture out anywhere