Big Trouble In Little China?

So this morning something popped up  originating in India claiming Xi was under house arrest and armour had been spotted in Beijing leading to speculation of a military coup. My lad messaged me earlier saying there’s been other reports of Chinese armour in the capital, anyone else heard anything about this?

3 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

So this morning something popped up  originating in India claiming Xi was under house arrest and armour had been spotted in Beijing leading to speculation of a military coup. My lad messaged me earlier saying there’s been other reports of Chinese armour in the capital, anyone else heard anything about this?

The Armour was deployed a week or so ago I believe.  Initially outside banks and some government buildings.

Not heard anything since but then tbh I've not looked.

Just had a brief look and I call bobbins.

I very much doubt Xi is under house arrest. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The Armour was deployed a week or so ago I believe.  Initially outside banks and some government buildings.

Not heard anything since but then tbh I've not looked.

Thanks for that. The latest T15 light tank looks suspiciously more capable of quelling civil unrest than it does as a battlefield weapon. Maybe China is seriously worried about civil unrest due to its banking and real estate crisis.

3 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Thanks for that. The latest T15 light tank looks suspiciously more capable of quelling civil unrest than it does as a battlefield weapon. Maybe China is seriously worried about civil unrest due to its banking and real estate crisis.

Possibly yes. Also China is struggling with its zero covid policy and people are starting to push back, maybe that's a possible factor?

There has been major trouuble in China for a few months now,  the smoke and mirrors property boom has finaly gone Pete Tong . Basically the property market works like this,  people buy off plan and take out a mortgage on properties yet to be built , Propert companies start to build said properties but run out of money so start another project to raise funds not completing the previous project and so  on and so on . The music has stopped people have stopped paying the mortgages , Property companies have gone bust so taking down banks 

There have been rumblings of unrest against President Xi for some time with rumours that he daren't leave the country in case there is a coup. Which makes his meeting with Putin very surprising

6 hours ago, lobster said:

There has been major trouuble in China for a few months now,  the smoke and mirrors property boom has finaly gone Pete Tong . Basically the property market works like this,  people buy off plan and take out a mortgage on properties yet to be built , Propert companies start to build said properties but run out of money so start another project to raise funds not completing the previous project and so  on and so on . The music has stopped people have stopped paying the mortgages , Property companies have gone bust so taking down banks 

There have been rumblings of unrest against President Xi for some time with rumours that he daren't leave the country in case there is a coup. Which makes his meeting with Putin very surprising

Yeah I’ve been following this too, it looks like a really serious issue and not just for China. From what I’ve seen property has become the go to investment, not least as it’s the only form of investment that the government can’t get its claws on and has been a sure bet for decades. People have sunk their life savings into property, often multi generations of a family and are now seriously out of pocket. I dunno how the CCP will fix this, I’m not an economist but there’s obviously a dire situation that needs sorting.

The Government has pretty serious clout, they will manage it ok.

Some big companies and some banks might go under, their executives probably end up in jail.  Someone has to go down as a warning to the rest.

11 hours ago, Jim117 said:

So this morning something popped up  originating in India claiming Xi was under house arrest 

Think you might need to edit your social media preferences if you're seeing such blatant nonsense in your feed, you'll be getting all sorts of other fake news and crap coming through.

10 hours ago, lobster said:

My bold. You seen the videos of the complete/part completed tower blocks China is currently demolishing? Rumor has it its enough housing for 70+million people are being pulled down.

Seems like a crazy number of homes to just suddenly decide to demolish. 

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold. You seen the videos of the complete/part completed tower blocks China is currently demolishing? Rumor has it its enough housing for 70+million people are being pulled down.

Seems like a crazy number of homes to just suddenly just decide to demolish. 

It’s crazy. Buyers pay 100% up front for properties off plan. The developers then use the cash to start other builds to rake in more 100% payments. They’re in no rush to complete the stuff they have started as they already have all the profits out of it. Added to that the banks have handed out mortgages secured against thin air. Everyone thought the bubble would never burst but the whole shebang has effectively turned into a giant Ponzi scheme.

2 hours ago, geared said:

The Government has pretty serious clout, they will manage it ok.

Some big companies and some banks might go under, their executives probably end up in jail.  Someone has to go down as a warning to the rest.

Think you might need to edit your social media preferences if you're seeing such blatant nonsense in your feed, you'll be getting all sorts of other fake news and crap coming through.

I’m not on social media, it was on YouTube.