Energy Bills.

Guest ThaBoom

Energy costs were never going to go back down to previous levels.

Probably the same can be said about petrol prices.

I think it's something people in UK have to get used to, unfortunately 😕 

I've been on a fixed which ends near end of March this year- so will move to the supplier variable rate as no other option.

But we have benefitted throughout the 2022 period, when prices shot up, so can't complain.

There are two issues here. Firstly the world price of commodities and secondly the the costs hidden in the charges by the government. World prices may well fall to previous levels if the war in Ukrainian ends but the U.K. government policy/incompetence will mean that we will be seeing higher prices

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

....Folk that I discuss the current situation with fall into two categories, one being similar to mine, the other strangely enough from folk who appear to have give up on central heating to rely on warm clothing.

Not quite given up as my central heating was on for a short while on Saturday as my grandson was here. No central heating on and I am now snuggled up nice and warm in a Snudddie from Primark:

991063291804_01?w=1000

Had to take it off for a while yesterday as it was making me too warm!

Edited by Dromedary
did a slinny

31 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Not quite given up as my central heating was on for a short while on Saturday as my grandson was here. No central heating on and I am now snuggled up nice and warm in a Snudddie from Primark:

991063291804_01?w=1000

I’ve just been looking at those in Primark today.  I didn’t buy one but the next time I go in I will get one. 

3 hours ago, Dromedary said:

991063291804_01?w=1000

My good  Lady has one of them .She wont wear it , says its too hot when heating is on . Truth 

• Haha 2