Energy Bills.

3 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65631546.amp

Looks like some firms still wanted more from customers. 

Looks like it was an admin error involving a small amount of customers, there is an approx 7% discount for paying by direct debit and they forgot to change the rates.  Doesnt look malicious..

16 hours ago, Padders said:

Oil prices still falling......

Gas price now at 69dollars  from a high of 500.

And still no mention of a cut in bills?

Took a look, the July cap is announced next week on Thursday. Its likely to be a cut to around 27p per unit of leccy and 8p per unit of gas.

Meanwhile, my gas is 3.64p today and all weekend (it isnt traded at weekends), electric 17.52p today and then a jump down to 16.65p tomorrow....

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

On 19/05/2023 at 10:26, HeHasRisen said:

Took a look, the July cap is announced next week on Thursday. Its likely to be a cut to around 27p per unit of leccy and 8p per unit of gas.

Meanwhile, my gas is 3.64p today and all weekend (it isnt traded at weekends), electric 17.52p today and then a jump down to 16.65p tomorrow....

At last,

A reduction in energy bills...about £450 per year...

Given the dramatic fall in wholesale prices, I would be wanting a least double......

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

At last,

A reduction in energy bills...about £450 per year...

Given the dramatic fall in wholesale prices, I would be wanting a least double......

Yes will be down to about 28p and 8p for units as the Government were subsidising anyway. Nothing earth shattering. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 17:08, fools said:

how many times do people need to have the price cap mechanism explained

For most, over & over again.  Although, they can keep you informed as to who is going with who on Love Island. 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes will be down to about 28p and 8p for units as the Government were subsidising anyway. Nothing earth shattering. 

Good.  I appear to be keeping Alaska warm by what they are currently charging me. 

31 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

They need to do something about the standing charges too... EDF charge us 55.6p a day.
I understand what they are used for, however they've jumped up hugely from what they were before.

that post suggests you don't understand what they are used for, and think it's fair someone else should pay your share

22 hours ago, fools said:

that post suggests you don't understand what they are used for, and think it's fair someone else should pay your share

The standing charges pays for the energy companies that have gone into liquidation, for some green measures and for the energy infrastructure.