Energy Bills.

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

Gas was 98 when I checked first thing this morning...

Still well below their peak of 500.

It's now up 21% today. All this will affect the price cap for October. It's also affecting my daily pricing something rotten, was paying 14p for electric on Saturday. It's going to be 21p tomorrow and likely 23 or 24 this coming Saturday 😂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

27% now.  At this rate it could double in one day. 

The Dutch have announced they are closing the Groningen gas field which is the biggest gas field in Europe. 

Any luck? Think in the end it was only up 3% 🤣

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its well under that now, hopefully yesterday just a blip.

Bit volatile at the moment, doesn't take much to spook the markets...

I'm wondering if they've got the jitters over the Ukraine counter offensive, if that fails, expect a surge in prices....

Could be wrong here, but I'm led to believe that Ukraine has vast reserves of untapped oil and gas..

Of use to Scottish Power users and maybe others.

Without them advertising it I found that hidden in the 'Change Payments' section on the app was a 'choice' to reduce my monthly payments by a third.  I also reduced my payment by the previous overpayment. Remember it is an estimate in advance, so if your circumstances warrant you could set your own payment and top up when you get the next bill. This is particularly true for gas only or duel fuel users in the summer when holidays/CH and water heating costs and usage are much lower.

Their estimating of future use is for their benefit and profiteering  as we are paying up front for winter use.