Energy Bills.

5 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Send the link over please, think I just talked the Mrs into swapping from EDF 👍

I will send you a PM in a few mins. 

Even if you decide not to move onto Tracker (you need smart meters btw) it's worth it for the free 50 quid, and a provider with a good app and decent billing platform. 

Just tried to send a PM and you have them switched off. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Even if you decide not to move onto Tracker (you need smart meters btw) it's worth it for the free 50 quid, and a provider with a good app and decent billing platform. 

Updated, try again 😎

31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Im on Octopus Tracker, and I don’t have a smart meter.

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

Im on Octopus Tracker, and I don’t have a smart meter.

They changed the eligibility a couple of months ago, you now need one to go onto it as a newbie.

To be fair you are better off having one if going on it, for example the other week I was paying 8p a unit on Sunday so saved everything until then and I will be billed for my units that day at that price, if you dont have a smart meter that just take an average of the unit price over the month and bill you accordingly.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

They changed the eligibility a couple of months ago, you now need one to go onto it as a newbie.

To be fair you are better off having one if going on it, for example the other week I was paying 8p a unit on Sunday so saved everything until then and I will be billed for my units that day at that price, if you dont have a smart meter that just take an average of the unit price over the month and bill you accordingly.

I only moved onto it at the start of July.

You’re right about them taking an average tho, I queried them moving me onto Tracker without a smart meter and got the following reply…

Thank you for your email. If you don't have a smart meter, your bill will be based on an average of where the market has been during the billing period”

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I have no idea how you got away with that then, they have needed people going onto it since at least June to have one

https://octopus.energy/tracker-faqs/

I wouldnt be pointing this out to them!

The email I quoted was in response to them putting me on Tracker, then me emailing them to say how can they with me not having a smart meter.

So they’re fully aware that I don’t have one.

5 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

The email I quoted was in response to them putting me on Tracker, then me emailing them to say how can they with me not having a smart meter.

So they’re fully aware that I don’t have one.

Fair enough, still no idea why they let you on in the first place unless it's an empty condition and they aren't overly bothered. 

• 2 weeks later...