Energy Bills.

• 4 weeks later...

Stormy days means cheap power!

But I can't help but notice that they seem to lower energy production using gas at the same time too? Is this to artificially keep the price per Mwh higher? I just find it quite odd that we have this generation capacity, but yet they lower it and buy in power from France or Norway instead of generating at home.

https://grid.iamkate.com/

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Stormy days means cheap power!

But I can't help but notice that they seem to lower energy production using gas at the same time too? Is this to artificially keep the price per Mwh higher? I just find it quite odd that we have this generation capacity, but yet they lower it and buy in power from France or Norway instead of generating at home.

https://grid.iamkate.com/

The power coming in from France is likely cheaper than UK producing using gas - France has a glut of nuclear and presumably wants to offload it to neighbouring countries.

And yes its nice to see it windy again. Tracker prices spike downwards to 14.34p tomorrow, for half hour Agile customers is likely to be around the 1p mark per unit overnight!

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Was minus pricing for Agile customers for an hour overnight, given all the wind about still wouldnt be surprised if its another cheap day tomorrow.

My electric is 14.34p a unit today, the government cap most are paying is currently around double that.

EDIT - yup down to 13.79p a unit tomorrow, and Agile customers likely to have even more negative pricing.

Edited by HeHasRisen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I'm guessing the jump is because of the sudden blast of chilly weather? Forecast for next week is cool, but not cold, and fairly breezy from Tuesday.

Once it moves into being properly wintery the markets will settle down?

There is no wind tomorrow so heavy reliance on gas to generate electric, and the price of that is up 50% in a week. 

More wind as the week progresses. 

Edited by HeHasRisen