Energy Bills.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

@HeHasRisen With the recent drop in the energy price cap, the Tracker price has come close on a few occasions to being the same as the regular price.... https://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Yorkshire

Do you think that there'll come a time when the Tracker is no longer worth being on?

Possibly. Especially with the new Tracker July 2024 formula that came out on Monday,  that adds about another 1.9p to the electric price, unsure for gas. 

Nobody will be switched to that until their year is up though. 

Gas prices are stable enough though and it's not been above the price cap since I moved onto it 18 months ago, so it's still OK for now. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

21.05p per kWh tomorrow... really close to the standard price of 21.22p per kWh

A sign of things to come? Or a little blip?

I actually worked it out as 20.55, maybe you are on a slight different formula to me.

No wind at the moment and gas prices relatively stable. Also remember the cap goes up to over 23.5p in Yorkshire from Sunday anyway.

Wind up a slight bit over the weekend.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I actually worked it out as 20.55, maybe you are on a slight different formula to me.

No wind at the moment and gas prices relatively stable. Also remember the cap goes up to over 23.5p in Yorkshire from Sunday anyway.

Wind up a slight bit over the weekend.

No you're right, I'd just selected the wrong formula from the drop down box 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully just a little blip then.

3 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

21.05p per kWh tomorrow... really close to the standard price of 21.22p per kWh

A sign of things to come? Or a little blip?

Not a clue if that is cheap or expensive, I just pay my bill every month.

It's about time we got back to normal, everyone paying virtually the same price for energy is not normal, we need to get back to companies competing for new customers with lower prices.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Not a clue if that is cheap or expensive, I just pay my bill every month.

It's about time we got back to normal, everyone paying virtually the same price for energy is not normal, we need to get back to companies competing for new customers with lower prices.

Typically speaking, the Octopus tracker tariff for electric has been much cheaper than the standard tariff, but obviously with it being based on the wholesale price it fluctuates, that's why I was wondering if tomorrows price was a blip or a sign of a market change.

https://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Yorkshire

On occasion during windy weather over the past month it even got down to 11p/kWh, half of what you'd pay on the standard tariff.

31 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’ve been with Octopus for ages, their Tracker is 20.55 per kWh for electricity & 5.54 per kWh for gas, I don’t know if that’s good or bad. :huh:

I looked back.. 20.55 is the highest since early December. Still below cap though.