Energy Bills.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just ask a young person to help you. For starters paying on receipt of bill has unit rates around 7% higher than other methods.

I've just been moved from Bulb to Octopus. 

How do I check what tariff I'm on and more importantly how do I get the same rate as your good self?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I've just been moved from Bulb to Octopus. 

How do I check what tariff I'm on and more importantly how do I get the same rate as your good self?

https://octopus.energy/smart/tracker/

However...

A) its a smart meter only tariff. If you like tin foil hats and refuse to have one of these, its a non starter 

B) they now operate a waiting list to get on it due to demand (as per the bottom of that page)

Daily rates since 1st Feb can be seen here - http://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Yorkshire

There is big scary text on that first link that says daily rates can go as high as 100p electric and 30p gas, however at the moment prices are rock bottom. If it ever did look like shooting up you can move off it just by sending an email.

The online portal should tell you what your current rate is. You are likely paying approx. 33p electric and 10p gas.

Edited by HeHasRisen

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Email them and ask to be moved onto the Octopus Tracker rate.

https://octopus.energy/smart/tracker/

However...

A) its a smart meter only tariff. If you like tin foil hats and refuse to have one of these, its a non starter 

B) they now operate a waiting list to get on it due to demand.

Daily rates since 1st Feb can be seen here - http://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Yorkshire

There is big scary text on that first link that says daily rates can go as high as 100p electric and 30p gas, however at the moment prices are rock bottom. If it ever did look like shooting up you can move off it just by sending an email.

Cheers for that. I've just emailed them.

Much appreciated matey 👍 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Cheers for that. I've just emailed them.

Much appreciated matey 👍 

Think its filling in a form on that first link now, they changed it a bit back. Edited my post accordingly. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Think its filling in a form on that first link now, they changed it a bit back. Edited my post accordingly. 

Yeah just had to tick a few boxes. Waiting list is around 6 months but I'm on the list now 👍

Cheers again matey 👍 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Quick question.

The smart meter, does it have to be one supplied by Octopus or will my current one do?

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah just had to tick a few boxes. Waiting list is around 6 months but I'm on the list now 👍

Cheers again matey 👍 

Quick question.

The smart meter, does it have to be one supplied by Octopus or will my current one do?

As long as it currently submits, its fine. When I moved from Eon to Octopus they had picked the signal up within a day. Log in and see if its picking up your daily usage.

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

As long as it currently submits, its fine. When I moved from Eon to Octopus they had picked the signal up within a day. Log in and see if its picking up your daily usage.

It's not picking it up yet. Apparently my meter is a gen 1 smart meter. According to Octopus they'll update what they need to at their end to establish a connection but I went ahead and applied for one of theirs anyway.