Energy Bills.

35 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Is it only the unit price per KW?

Or is there a cap on the standing charge to?

Because the greedy energy companies will just raise the standing charge to counter balance the cap

My standing charge has gone up 150%

Well the truth is that the price and standing charge can vary slightly between supplier and also by someone's location in the country, so again the use of a phrase like cap is abit of a misnomer.

I can't remember the exact rates from my supplier, so not sure if standing charge has risen again.  Gas went up 30% though, so it makes you wonder how they've come to the magic number for the 'average' household.

A man phoned Radio 4 last week.  He goes to people's home advising how to cut down on  energy usage amongst other things.

He was astonished when visiting a flat to find that the heating was on full blast, to the point that he could hardly breath. 

He asked them why and was told that as the maximum they would be paying was £2500, they could use whatever they liked!

Some people are in for a frightening shock.

Just a word of warning for anyone with Eon - just logged in and they have decided to reduce my payment by £67 to account for the Government support payment that starts next month. I would rather build up a credit so I have changed it back to the existing amount.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just a word of warning for anyone with Eon - just logged in and they have decided to reduce my payment by £67 to account for the Government support payment that starts next month. I would rather build up a credit so I have changed it back to the existing amount.

Yeah its dodgy that the energy companies can see how much government support you got and they can raise your bill to counterbalance it 

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah its dodgy that the energy companies can see how much government support you got and they can raise your bill to counterbalance it 

They havent raised it. Read it again. They REDUCED it.

Anyway why is it "dodgy", everyone gets the £400 so its not as if its means tested and they know who the paupers are.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

They havent raised it. Read it again. They REDUCED it.

Anyway why is it "dodgy", everyone gets the £400 so its not as if its means tested and they know who the paupers are.

Do people on benefits get paid cash or does it get paid straight to the energy company?

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Do people on benefits get paid cash or does it get paid straight to the energy company?

This £400 goes to EVERY domestic electric account. All of them. As a credit.

The means tested benefits-based payments are a seperate arrangement nothing to do with the energy providers, and I believe those go to the same bank account you already get your benefits to.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

This £400 goes to EVERY domestic electric account. All of them. As a credit.

The means tested benefits-based payments are a seperate arrangement nothing to do with the energy providers, and I believe those go to the same bank account you already get your benefits to.

So that'll be a big boost to tattoo artists and off licenses

And Currys will have a rush for 4K TV's

At least the money will be going to local businesses instead of the Big 6