Energy Bills.

On 20/05/2023 at 17:54, fools said:

that post suggests you don't understand what they are used for, and think it's fair someone else should pay your share

Are you still here? Jesus.

Yes I understand what they are for, I understand why it's needed for ongoing infrastructure, no I don't want someone else to pay for me, stop trying to create drama and conflict, go away and get a life you sad little man.

Edited by Pyrotequila

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Yes I understand what they are for, I understand why it's needed for ongoing infrastructure, no I don't want someone else to pay for me,

what does expecting something to be 'done' about them mean then.

I only have a gas hob, which I only use rarely, especially in summer. 

I pay £49 a month standing charge, but very little for the actual gas. I don't want to cut it off entirely because occasionally it's necessary to use the hob.

Someone has suggested a gas cannister instead, professionally fitted under the sink or outside, as a viable alternative. 

A creditable solution or not? What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I pay £49 a month standing charge

Sorry, what?

Who with? That sounds far too much. Is that for gas AND electric? Even if it is, it still sounds too much. Both combined should be no more than about 80p a day so thats not even half of the monthly amount you state.

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I only have a gas hob, which I only use rarely, especially in summer. 

I pay £49 a month standing charge, but very little for the actual gas. I don't want to cut it off entirely because occasionally it's necessary to use the hob.

gas standing charge will be a fifth of that, under a tenner a month, which is probably cheaper than your line rental

gas hob is the cheapest way to cook

Edited by fools

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So Sorry, my mistake. Standing charge is per quarter, not per month. 

Thats still 54p a day, are you 100% sure you are talking about a gas standing charge ONLY here?

If its 54p a day for BOTH electric and gas then that sounds too low.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

My standing charge is

Gas-32p a day.

Electric- 53p a day.

Does that sound about right?

Sound right, I suspect you are paying the higher rates there for paying on receipt of a quarterly bill. As mentioned numerous times by myself, this is the most expensive way of paying for energy.

If Anna is paying 54p (ish) a day then that must solely be for her electric, and she is confusing herself here. Her gas wont be as much as 54p a day on its own.

Edited by HeHasRisen