Energy Bills.

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

As promised @The_DADDY ....

Website that gives you todays price for both gas/electric plus some historic data:

http://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/Yorkshire

This one only tells you today's and tomorrow's prices however it will update around noon for electric and 6pm for gas (unlike the first one) to let you know what the craic is tomorrow:

https://gcccc4f6c5ed303-gtxk2uqiyag1cro2.adb.uk-london-1.oraclecloudapps.com/ords/r/gastracker/gas-tracker/home

Bear in mind gas isnt traded at weekends so the price on Saturday/Sunday/Monday is usually the same. Gas seems to be on the slight increase again.

Electric 18.45p tomorrow, ridiculously variable at the moment but its better than paying 30p.

Much appreciated @HeHasRisen

You're a true gentleman. 

All being well ill be on the tracker tariff in a few days. 

A friend who is a money/financial expert carried out a study into the cost of living and in general he found that people on the lowest wages or poorest in society were least able to withstand sudden price increases, whereas people with more money were able to withstand price increases

So to sum up for those reading this who struggle to understand

If someone only earns £200 per week and their gas bill goes up from £500 per year to £2500 per year, these people will struggle whereas someone with a spare £50,000 down the back of the sofa will be able to withstand sudden price increases

People on lower wages should work harder or do more hours, for example we know of someone who did an extra 9 hours each week at work, did not get extra pay as they were salaried, but, the boss bought this person a free takeaway at the end of the week.

So doing those extra hours, instead of expecting pay, maybe work for food such as a sandwich or something?

6 minutes ago, rogets said:

A friend who is a money/financial expert carried out a study into the cost of living and in general he found that people on the lowest wages or poorest in society were least able to withstand sudden price increases, whereas people with more money were able to withstand price increases

So to sum up for those reading this who struggle to understand

If someone only earns £200 per week and their gas bill goes up from £500 per year to £2500 per year, these people will struggle whereas someone with a spare £50,000 down the back of the sofa will be able to withstand sudden price increases

People on lower wages should work harder or do more hours, for example we know of someone who did an extra 9 hours each week at work, did not get extra pay as they were salaried, but, the boss bought this person a free takeaway at the end of the week.

So doing those extra hours, instead of expecting pay, maybe work for food such as a sandwich or something?

Good post Rogets, 

I grew up in poverty, my mum and dad were poor, the all family was poor, even our butler was poor.

In the old days you could tell at a glance if someone was living below the poverty line because they were eight years old and sitting in a gutter with a dirty face, eating a turnip.

People claim to be poverty-stricken even when they have mobile phones and a television set and a internet connection.

If you've ever seen a woman on a Bolivian rubbish tip having a tug-of-war with a dog over an empty crisp packet, it's hard to stop yourself punching people such as this in the middle of the face.

I always get confused because many pensioners own the house that they will starve to death in.

If these people are struggling, then your right, a few extra hours never hurt anyone.

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

Good post Rogets, 

I grew up in poverty, my mum and dad were poor, the all family was poor, even our butler was poor.

In the old days you could tell at a glance if someone was living below the poverty line because they were eight years old and sitting in a gutter with a dirty face, eating a turnip.

People claim to be poverty-stricken even when they have mobile phones and a television set and a internet connection.

If you've ever seen a woman on a Bolivian rubbish tip having a tug-of-war with a dog over an empty crisp packet, it's hard to stop yourself punching people such as this in the middle of the face.

I always get confused because many pensioners own the house that they will starve to death in.

If these people are struggling, then your right, a few extra hours never hurt anyone.

Mate - money is not everything people seem to forget that, people these days do not value time.

I love nothing more that sitting on my yaught in the Mediterranean, something I couldn not do if i was working all the time 

• Like 1