Energy Bills.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oooooh I'm going all giddy.. 🤣

Who was the poster who said you was daft (or something)for trying to save money on energy bills? 

Fools, I believe. Hope he is happy paying his 30p a unit. 

Will be getting all my washing and drying and the roast on tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Fools, I believe. Hope he is happy paying his 30p a unit. 

Will be getting all my washing and drying and the roast on tomorrow. 

I'll be honest, at first I was dubious about this Tracker tariff but I'm happy to say I was wrong and you were bang on matey 👏👍

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'll be honest, at first I was dubious about this Tracker tariff but I'm happy to say I was wrong and you were bang on matey 👏👍

Be fine until it starts creeping up but no danger of that yet, barring another war. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Be fine until it starts creeping up but no danger of that yet, barring another war. 

Hmmm yeah, sadly there's always a possibility of that these days. 

However for now I'm just living my best life of low energy prices, steak and lobster dinners with fine wine and French cheese. 👌

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Plunge pricing?

What's that all about?

Octopus do a tariff called Agile, it's like ours whereby it tracks the wholesale rate but the price changes half hourly. 

Sometimes the price goes into negative as you can see. Tomorrow its ridiculously negative and between half 1.and half 3 in the afternoon people will be PAID over 7p for every unit they use. 

Read stories about people a fortnight ago with a load of oil radiators on in the back garden 😂

On a normal day though it can be quite pricey in the evening (it can go over the cap quite regularly) so unless you can load shift it's not ideal. Quite frankly the price changing every 30 mins would drive me nuts.  Be great for shift workers though.

Our daily rate is worked out from the average of the hourly rate, hence why it's just under 8p all day tomorrow.  On the Agile tomorrow it goes above 20p in the evening. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1