Energy Bills.

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

SCORE!!!!

Screenshot-20230716-005150-Octopus.jpg

Right, I'm off to West Street and Trippet Lane to spend my energy savings .

Wish me luck 👍

Back up to Fridays price for tomorrow (or near enough), but that is to be expected and still decent enough. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that's making us slightly wary of swapping is this line from the Octopus tracker page;

Over the warmer months, prices tend to be lower, and we expect them to increase – likely double – when the heating comes on and the sun starts setting earlier.

Which based on what I've seen of the prices changing, the highest was around 18.5p/kwh, I'd take that to mean they could double from that in winter, so that'd make it 37p/kwh, or higher than a regular tariff?

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

The only thing that's making us slightly wary of swapping is this line from the Octopus tracker page;

Over the warmer months, prices tend to be lower, and we expect them to increase – likely double – when the heating comes on and the sun starts setting earlier.

Which based on what I've seen of the prices changing, the highest was around 18.5p/kwh, I'd take that to mean they could double from that in winter, so that'd make it 37p/kwh, or higher than a regular tariff?

I don't understand all this swapping and changing of suppliers.

I just work on the Swings and Roundabouts theory.

Although Mr. Risen has given me food for thought.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I'd assume with the tracker that is being mentioned, the higher prices over winter would even out with the lower prices in summer.

So if you had a direct debit of say £95 a month, the credit you'd build up over summer with lower prices would be eaten into over winter when they rise... I assume anyway 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Prices in January went above 30p a unit only once (at a time when the cap was 33p and wholesale gas, which heavily impacts electric prices, was more expensive than now). 

Looking at my sheet the 11th to the 15th Jan didn't even go above 20p. 

I didn't have any data prior to 1st January but the 30.75p on the 23rd Jan was the highest it's been all year. 

In any case even if prices do start to shoot up nobody is stuck on Tracker, you can move off it. 

It's been below 20p since the 22nd June. Think the average on my last bill (produced monthly) was just under 17p

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

Added a chart for you. You can see the 30.75p near the start. This is the Yorkshire area price, which is the joint cheapest in the country I believe, other regions slightly vary.  The recent three plunges have been on Sundays when there has been an excess of wind power in the system.

I dont have a chart for gas but its the same principle. Todays price is 3.75p. Gas prices dont change at weekends as it isnt traded over weekends so the price on Saturday is the same as Sunday and Monday.

Zjo4vcx.jpg

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Padders said:

As already stated you are needlessly paying 7% more than monthly customers by choosing to have quarterly billing. Thats a quick win and thats even before you look at fancy tarriffs like the one being discussed above.

• Thanks 1