Energy Bills.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thoughts a prayers?

I think a Gofundme would be more appropriate 😬

Be a BBQ or a salad for tea for them. 

A few things going off at the moment that are pushing gas and electric up: the Aussie strike I mentioned the other day (hopefully called off tomorrow), less French nuclear power which is pushing up import prices, less wind in Northern Europe, and a Norwegian gas field shutdown for maintenance. 

Hopefully all short term. Electric above 20p tomorrow and gas above 5p for the first time in months for those on Tracker. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

A few things going off at the moment that are pushing gas and electric up: the Aussie strike I mentioned the other day (hopefully called off tomorrow), less French nuclear power which is pushing up import prices, less wind in Northern Europe, and a Norwegian gas field shutdown for maintenance. 

Hopefully all short term. Electric above 20p tomorrow and gas above 5p for the first time in months for those on Tracker. 

I've got my fingers crossed big time matey 🤞

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

They've still not completed our swap to the Tracker (8 days after a smart meter install and they say they're still not getting readings), but I check it daily... bloody typical that it would be going up now we're trying to swap 😂

It's still cheaper than the standard rate by some considerable margin. 

Be a small rise tomorrow to the high 21p range but hopefully that's the extent of this blip. 

EDIT - actually its going up to 22.07 per unit tomorrow.

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 20/08/2023 at 19:57, hauxwell said:

The energy price cap is expected to fall slightly in October.  We should get to know next week when Ofgem announces Octobers price cap.  I suppose every little bit helps if it’s correct.

Just this minute received an email from British Gas; `Later this week the energy regulator, Ofgem, is going to announce new energy prices – also known as the price cap. The good news is your energy prices will be going down from October

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's not going to be by much, so don't get too excited. 

We went from paying British Gas just over £68 per month direct debit to, at its highest last winter, just a few pence over £362 a month.  We made so many cutbacks, (heating on later in the day, only heating the main rooms rather than the entire house, big jumpers), we built up a credit pot with British Gas, so now we're only being charged just over £15 per month. 

Can't see ours coming down much more but every little helps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Just this minute received an email from British Gas; `Later this week the energy regulator, Ofgem, is going to announce new energy prices – also known as the price cap. The good news is your energy prices will be going down from October

That’s good only £15 per month. I also built up some  credit over the winter months. I’m paying £60 per month at the moment.  

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's not going to be by much, so don't get too excited. 

With the slight reduction in gas and electricity this year I’m not sure we will be much better off.  Last year government gave all households £150 council tax rebate and the £400 energy support grant. This year I don’t think we are going to get it, so no I’m not going to get excited.  

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

We went from paying British Gas just over £68 per month direct debit to, at its highest last winter, just a few pence over £362 a month.  We made so many cutbacks, (heating on later in the day, only heating the main rooms rather than the entire house, big jumpers), we built up a credit pot with British Gas, so now we're only being charged just over £15 per month. 

Can't see ours coming down much more but every little helps. 

Fifteen pounds a month is decent but suppose the credit will run out one day. 

Edited by HeHasRisen