Energy Bills.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You are still connected to the grid. Therefore service charges apply. 

The easy way to avoid them is to disconnect from the grid. I suspect this will not be cost effective. 

That's the point

I'm not plugged into the grid

My meter hasn't changed in 7 months and they know it hasn't 

I'll switch suppliers when I get home anyway because EON are robbing b*stards

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

I love the sun but I'd rather live in cold wet grey Sheffield but Benidorm

I'd rather live in Russia than Benidorm 

It was highlighted on the Tele some time ago about OAP going on cruise's for the winter months.

Once paid for, free food, free entertainment, free medical care, cheaper than living at home....

I'm not extravagant by any means, but reckon my energy bills and food etc. for January, February and March are well in excess off £2000.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

It was highlighted on the Tele some time ago about OAP going on cruise's for the winter months.

Once paid for, free food, free entertainment, free medical care, cheaper than living at home....

I'm not extravagant by any means, but reckon my energy bills and food etc. for January, February and March are well in excess off £2000.

Yeah you could live very comfortably on a cruise ship for £80 a day 

I met a guy in Thailand who was a retired soldier living off his pension

He had a pretty comfortable live but he would struggle to make ends meet in the UK 

51 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

That's the point

I'm not plugged into the grid

So you have contacted the providers and had the utilities officially disconnected and paid any fee to do so? 

This is the only way to avoid standing charges.  Turning the electric/gas off at the fuse box/master switch/tap isn't the same thing.

Some charge a fee, some don't, however fees to reconnect are usually hefty and if you are renting you can generally forget it. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

• 2 weeks later...