Energy Bills.

26 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

But only if they qualify. Me a pensioner on just the state pension however get none of that!

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just a word of warning for anyone with Eon - just logged in and they have decided to reduce my payment by £67 to account for the Government support payment that starts next month. I would rather build up a credit so I have changed it back to the existing amount.

I’ve just checked and my supplier (Octopus) have done the same so thank you for mentioning it.

My sons with British Gas, they’ve just advised him to lower his payments.

7 hours ago, geared said:

Sounds like it's worth finding on catch-up and having a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001c6gb

Lots of crap in the media atm on these subjects, an 'expert' on the telly the other day claimed that cooking a roast chicken and 4 veg in the oven would cost £4.10 at current rates, (and suggested people could cut the cost in half by using a microwave)

£4.10 is about 5-6 times the reality. (90 mins in an electric 2kwh oven at 27p/kwh is 60-80 pence)

Edited by fools
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, fools said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001c6gb

Lots of crap in the media atm on these subjects, an 'expert' on the telly the other day claimed that cooking a roast chicken and 4 veg in the oven would cost £4.10 at current rates, (and suggested people could cut the cost in half by using a microwave)

£4.10 is about 5-6 times the reality. (90 mins in an electric 2kwh oven at 27p/kwh is 60-80 pence)

Not forgetting also that they are also thermostatically controlled so would not use 2kw of power all the time.

16 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I didn't mean you I meant the so called experts in how they calculate it!;)

They didn't go into the maths, that's a little too complicated for the target audience.

30 tips to cut your bills is on tonight at 7.

Wonder if they'll mention you know what's.

Edited by fools