Energy Bills.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2022 at 15:47, fools said:

They didn't go into the maths, that's a little too complicated for the target audience.

30 tips to cut your bills is on tonight at 7.

Wonder if they'll mention you know what's.

I was speaking to someone yesterday who said that he now showers at the gym

I told him to cancel his £60 a month gym membership and shower at home 😎

barack-obama-what.gif

6 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

pay a visit to an electrical retailer I was amazed when I looked at the ratings A to G and found items in the same category (say TV) where an E rating was using more power than an F or G one and no one in store  could explain why

They've recently reclassified LED bulbs too. Practically all of them have gone from A/A+ to F, the same rating as an incandescent bulb that uses 10 times more energy.

I mean it must be just a coincedence that Phillips have just launched a new "ultra-efficient" LED bulb that just happens to keep the A+ rating. 

1 minute ago, Resident said:

They've recently reclassified LED bulbs too. Practically all of them have gone from A/A+ to F, the same rating as an incandescent bulb that uses 10 times more energy.

I mean it must be just a coincedence that Phillips have just launched a new "ultra-efficient" LED bulb that just happens to keep the A+ rating. 

indeed i noticed it as well on the light bulbs. One has to admire the fact that it is impossible to make the comparisons that was the whole point of the A++ to whatever labeling

9 minutes ago, Resident said:

Interesting - I wonder who runs the classification authority?