Energy Bills.

12 minutes ago, cressida said:

Could I buy a motor boat and go to the French Riviera?   

Yes but you can only go for 180 days

Which is all you need to spend the summer in the Mediterranean

There are loopholes l;ike registering your boat in Malta and you can keep your boat in Europe all year

Its also great way to avoid taxes when buying your boat 

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Then do what i do and go to Florida 👍

In a motor boat - I suppose I could get towed - I'd have to keep stopping for fuel wouldn't I  otherwise?-  truly,  I only really love France and Italy for holidays.  Wouldn't mind Monaco though.

Edited by cressida

55 minutes ago, cressida said:

No

Then you can’t for more than 180 days per year.

Non-contiguous, by the way (you can only do 90 days max, in any period of 6 months).

Applies to France, Italy and Monaco. And the other 23 EU states.

On 08/10/2022 at 11:18, Resident said:

They've recently reclassified LED bulbs too. Practically all of them have gone from A/A+ to F, the same rating as an incandescent bulb that uses 10 times more energy.

I mean it must be just a coincedence that Phillips have just launched a new "ultra-efficient" LED bulb that just happens to keep the A+ rating. 

Totally wrong.

Since the lamps are far more efficient now than twenty years ago nearly all are A and above.  

Instead of adding more + they have changed the scale.

They are getting rid of E, D, C, B, A, A+, A++ and A+++.

You will get G, F, E, D, C, B and A.

For lamps:

A = (nothing this efficient yet)

B = A+++

C = A++

D= A+

E/F = A

G = B

discontinued= E, D, C

Existing stock with the old label may still be sold until 1 March 2023.

The current energy efficiency rating of (A+) is as energy efficiency as the new (F) and therefore still 10+ times more efficient than the incandescent bulbs of the past.

Governments are far too sensible to try and re-write standards for every product and would lead to increased costs for and lack of choice and even availability to consumers. Nearly always some international standard will be adhered to in a geographic zone. In this case the UK The Ecodesign for Energy-Related Products and Energy Information (Lighting Products) Regulations 2021 legislation is a mirror of the EU legislation that we helped write. In the future this will become a bigger problem for UK consumers(for the reasons mentioned) as we will have no say in writing new legislation and standards which importers and exporters will have to adhere to. A real problem for the Swiss and Norwegian consumers and manufacturers.

Edited by Annie Bynnol
date added
  • Thanks 1