Too Early For A Christmas Tree?

9 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Morons will be morons

No need to be rude. Let's have a bit of Live and let live...

I agree it is too early, but each to their own.

I love Christmas decorations but IMO they become less special if they're up too soon. 

Shops are different because they have the job of selling them, and people do like to get an early start.

Personally I hate the habit of leaving garden decorations in the garden all year, but then I'm not the one having to put them up and take them down, so I can see why people do this. Some really go to town and put on a wonderful display for the benefit of other people. I know it's not cool in some people's eyes, and some are considered a bit of an eyesore, but Hey, it's Christmas, and they can really cheer the streets up.

Edited by Anna B

38 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No need to be rude. Let's have a bit of Live and let live...

I agree it is too early, but each to their own.

I love Christmas decorations but IMO they become less special if they're up too soon. 

Shops are different because they have the job of selling them, and people do like to get an early start.

Personally I hate the habit of leaving garden decorations in the garden all year, but then I'm not the one having to put them up and take them down, so I can see why people do this. Some really go to town and put on a wonderful display for the benefit of other people. I know it's not cool in some people's eyes, and some are considered a bit of an eyesore, but Hey, it's Christmas, and they can really cheer the streets up.

No not each to there own....it's totally moronic!

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

it's nothing new. The big retailers have been selling Christmas goods for many years before the end of September. 'The early bird catches the worm' as my  grandma used to say.

End of August, more like, and for many a long year.  When I was at junior school we always used to spend the last week in August in Bridlington, and I usually had some spending money left at the end of the week to buy a gigantic pack of Christmas cards from the Woolworths there.

As for Christmas decorations in September: who cares, for one, and mind yer own business, for another.  If putting up the tinsel makes someone happy during these rubbish times then all's good.