Iranian Protests Turn Violent

I fully support the right to protest but there doesnt seem to be a day that goes by without some sort of protest going on somewhere

This is a massive drain on our police forces and id hate to think how many crimes are not being investigated because our police force is attending one of these protest

6 hours ago, harvey19 said:

After President Trump was elected we had protests in this country opposing the democratic election, when a black man was killed by a policeman in America we had massive BLM protests, now because of an event in Iran we have protests here. 

Why here !

The simple reason is the anti-democratic provacateurs, and rent-a-mob folks they recruit and encourage.

In Iran and other countries, where there is no real democracy, a protest is the only option to influence their government policy.

In Britain (or the U.S.), a democracy, there is no need. You get one vote, like everybody else and you can excercise it every 4 years or so, like everybody else.

Those that protest are not happy to have just one vote. They do not understand or care about their fellow citizens, or about their obligation to an orderly society. Neither do those who encourage and enable them.

So their protests easily can and do turn to violence, looting and destruction of public property. 

Especially in a democracy, where the police have to tread very carefully in keeping them in check.

I think the murder of the Iranian woman by the morality police was an utter outrage. The regime over there is absolutely brutal and repressive. They obviously feel threatened by women not wearing the correct clothes in the correct way. 

Those protesting in Iran are incredibly brave, & I wish them every success in their cause, even though there will be much more bloodshed.

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think the murder of the Iranian woman by the morality police was an utter outrage. The regime over there is absolutely brutal and repressive. They obviously feel threatened by women not wearing the correct clothes in the correct way. 

Those protesting in Iran are incredibly brave, & I wish them every success in their cause, even though there will be much more bloodshed.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Totally agree :thumbsup: