Would you wear an ecologically sound mink coat?

Would you wear an environmentally sound mink coat?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear an environmentally sound mink coat?

• Yes please.
    • No thanks.
    • I've no idea. My brain hurts thinking about it!

On another thread Jen13kd has reported that wild mink are eating all the ducklings on the River Don. Other posters report that they are killing the fish and voles too.

So, if they were culled to protect and enhance the balance of other wildlife on the river would you wear a coat made from the wild minks?

No sorry I won't.

My only reason is that it still advertisers the wrong impression for Mink Farmers - I say this even though i'd wear a leather jacket. Hypoxcritical some may say but if you understand what i'm saying you'll realise it aint hypocritical.:suspect:

So, if they were culled to protect and enhance the balance of other wildlife on the river would you wear a coat made from the wild minks?

Absolutely ! But then again, I would be happy to wear a mink coat regardless as to whether it was farmed or wild. I don't discriminate when eating salmon, farmed or wild, so why should I with mink? I wonder if they casserole well, the mink I mean.........:hihi:

I think it's a vile idea, wearing the fur that grew to go around a little creature. But, there again, it's a pretty vile idea to eat an animal when one (some of us) stops to think of it, or to drink the milk that a mammal is producing to nourish its own baby. Or to wear the skin of an animal on our feet or to carry over our arms to put things into.

Hang on while I finish enjoying my bacon sandwich.....

I think I need to tick the 'it makes my brain hurt' option, and move on quickly before I think too much!

*Ticked the 'no' option, it wasn't that difficult really. :)

No - I find fur massively abbhorrent. Parading around in another animal's skin. Eurgh.

I don't kill anything with a face as I have no need or reason to. I live quite happily in my plastic shoes and eating veggies.

And before the anti veggie squad come out in their thousands, if the only thing to eat was you, you'd get considered before my cats, more meat on you. :hihi:

Thanks for posting that Sarahlorna. Note how the animal was still alive when being skinned!

People who wear real animal fur make me sick! I make no apologies for my views.

It is an action purely for reasons of vanity/fashion/status and absolutely nothing else. Hardly comparible with something killed so that we can eat.

What was the campaign?

'Fur is worn by beautiful animals...and ugly people'

Nuff said.

It is a bit silly to say that all people who wear animal fur make you sick. This would mean that all the Inuit people should all buy nylon anoraks and plastic boots instead and be nice to the wildlife.

I eat all kinds of meats and yet I find it distateful when I see real fur coats. Why is that? What is the difference between farming pigs so I can have a bacon sandwich and farming mink so I can have a coat? In my view the wild mink have to be culled. If we do this then why not put the bodies to some use. Let's not forget that they probably got into the wild because some animal activists (many of who are terrorists) let them go, thereby letting them kill UK wildlife.

Archived