Sabotage To The Nord Stream Pipelines?

11 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Ive found that people on the left will only listen to media that enforces their narrative.....its a bit narrow minded

That is rather narrow minded, believing that it's just those on the left that are doing that.

Conservative voters are of slightly lower intelligence according to research, perhaps they are more narrow minded?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/17/how-britain-voted-2019-general-election

Edited by El Cid

15 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That is rather narrow minded, believing that it's just those on the left that are doing that.

Conservative voters are of slightly lower intelligence according to research, perhaps they are more narrow minded?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/17/how-britain-voted-2019-general-election

Id rather have slightly lower intelligence but have a bit more common sense which is attributed to people with conservative values

Liberals mostly live in a world full of rainbows, unicorns and irrational narcissistic rage 

be6e28dc49a8a7cc4bd7319ddb1e28b9--unicor

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jim117 said:

So if you have a forever redundant gas pipeline but still have a contract to supply gas how do you avoid legal proceedings. You send a maintenance bot down the pipe carrying explosives, blow the pipe and blame external forces for the sabotage. You have now gone from refusing to supply gas to being unable to supply gas and avoid your contractual obligations. Anyone?

Just had a flashback from a James Bond movie where he was stuck in one and had to get past a maintenance bot.

However....

It seems odd that as the EU have now stopped getting gas from these pipelines from Russia and they have effectively been made redundant that the EU are concerned. Are they Planning on buying gas from Russia again?

Edited by Dromedary

11 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

It seems odd that as the EU have now stopped getting gas from these pipelines from Russia and they have effectively been made redundant that the EU are concerned. Are they Planning on buying gas from Russia again?

Why is it odd?

Russia has gas and we need gas so at some point we will buy it from Russia again

Id buy it from them now

I dont agree with the UK getting involved.....its not our war

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Why is it odd?

Russia has gas and we need gas so at some point we will buy it from Russia again

I very much doubt it unless Russia suddenly have a change of heart and the EU also stop sanctions. The gas supply from Russia is now kaput for a very long time to come.

39 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I very much doubt it unless Russia suddenly have a change of heart and the EU also stop sanctions. The gas supply from Russia is now kaput for a very long time to come.

I think so too. Although it’s gonna be painful to transition away from cheap Russian energy it’s clearly too risky to deal with such an untrustworthy regime again. The exception is Turkey who are skint and walking into the same trap that Germany did and buying increasing amounts of discounted energy from Russia. As an aside it’s worth noting that the predicament we are now in has largely been chosen on our behalf by the fracking/nuclear protesters and our weak politicians.

57 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Why is it odd?

Id buy it from them now

I dont agree with the UK getting involved.....its not our war

I disagree. Putin has no intention of stopping at Ukraine if he’s allowed to get away with it. He’s motivated by a quasi mythological BS theory very like the original nazis. He believes there is “Land power “(Russia) and “Sea power “(The west). He thinks Land power should rule the whole of Europe before a final battle with Sea power leaves only one victor. I know that sounds crazy but that’s the sort of crap he’s been listening to from the likes of his Rasputin lookalike advisor and others. So yeah it is our war already whether we chose it or not.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

I disagree. Putin has no intention of stopping at Ukraine if he’s allowed to get away with it. He’s motivated by a quasi mythological BS theory very like the original nazis. He believes there is “Land power “(Russia) and “Sea power “(The west). He thinks Land power should rule the whole of Europe before a final battle with Sea power leaves only one victor. I know that sounds crazy but that’s the sort of crap he’s been listening to from the likes of his Rasputin lookalike advisor and others. So yeah it is our war already whether we chose it or not.

I think you need to look a bit deeper than that

Ukraine aren't the little angels that everyone is making them out to be

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think you need to look a bit deeper than that

Ukraine aren't the little angels that everyone is making them out to be

Ah.

A Putin apologist.

Let’s see what history makes of that