The Stigma Of Being On Benefits

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Take a look at the tax evasion figures.  Then you will understand the real issue.

Yes I agree. They're 2 sides of the same coin, except people are fixated by 'benefit scrougers', rather than tax evasion.

I think it's worth pointing out as well that Governments have directed resources such as fraud investigators from HMRC to the DWP, even though the money lost through tax evasion is much more than that lost through benefit fraud.

18 minutes ago, sibon said:

But, even you must agree that someone who puts a proper shift in, deserves to earn enough to feed, house and clothe their family.

That's an ideal, it's not an ideal world.

Define enough - we have the minimum wage.

Put everyone's salary up, everything you buy goes up in price to match.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Ive travelled the world several times and ive seen real poverty

People in the UK arent starving

Not having the latest iPhone or a 65" TV doesnt mean youre poor

But what does that have to do with the stigma of being on benefits in Britain?

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah, sorry. I missed those posts. 

Cheers 👍 

However, the energy prices from today are devastating for those on low incomes

I changed from a fixed to a variable last week and my charges went up 150% and then they have just gone up another 20% from 12am tonight with the new price cap

Im lucky that i can afford to pay my bills but if i was on benefits it would be impossible

Maybe this is the globalist plan fopr us to use less energy by sitting in our homes under three blankets

Edited by Jack Grey

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

However, the energy prices from today are devastating for those on low incomes

I changed from a fixed to a variable last week and my charges went up 150% and then they have just gone up another 20% from 12am tonight with the new price cap

Im lucky that i can afford to pay my bills but if i was on benefits it would be impossible

Maybe this is the globalist plan fopr us to use less energy by sitting in our homes under three blankets

My bold 

And begin the introduction of Universal Basic Income but I guess that's for another thread.

Italics 

Yup. We would be struggling this winter if we hadn't made preparations.  

The energy prices are insane and totally unnecessary.  It's profiteering plain and simple.