Slavery Reparations

As I said yesterday, I'm actually a first generation Englishman, born of Scots & Irish parents.  All you lot on here, along with with the occasional Viking, have oppressed my ancestors for centuries. 

So you lot need to start getting your hands in your pockets & start forking out for the problems you've inflicted on my people.  Swiss Bank account details to follow. 

• Haha 2

On 02/10/2022 at 16:19, The_DADDY said:

I keep hearing people calling for reparations to be paid to descendants of slaves. They speak very passionately about the subject and to be honest, I get it. I for one feel paying reparations is the right thing to do but how far do we go back?

200 years?

400 years?

1000 years?

Just how far is too far and who should be paying and to whom? 

Absolutely; any slave holders should definitely be paying reparations to any slaves they have owned.

On 03/10/2022 at 01:22, lobster said:

Some little discussed facts

In the Early Middle Ages Europes biggest slave market was Dublin later it was Venice

50% of the Maternal DNA of Icelanders is Celtic - coming from Scottish and Irish Slaves 

Europeans enlslaved about 2 million Africans , 18 million were enslaved by Arab slave traders who castrated the males

Europeans did not go in to the interior of Africa loking for slaves . The local chiefs rounded them up , kept them in cages till the European ships came

That’s correct !!!!....

Local chief’s did do as you say and no one ever brings that up people leave that out of the history books when they mention the slave trade for some reason when it is a true account of what happened !!!!...

Slavery has been going on since the dawn of man and as “Anna B” has stated is still going on today !!!...

Will it ever stop I truly hope so but I fear it will still continue in some shape or form....