Activist Pours Human Waste On Statue Of Cpt Tom

12 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

People of his age go on cruise ships and travel the world 👍

Yes they do Jack point taken but not at his age they don’t !!!!....

Come on do you really think they went there for him....

Look Jack if my elderly relative wanted to go on holiday I wouldn’t have taken him there for health reasons funny how he died on his return...

Last thing I don’t want to do is argue the toss about whether he should have gone all im saying is I wouldn’t have taken my elderly relative there for a holiday especially at his time of life....

Edited by Box11

2 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Yes they do Jack point taken but come on do you really think they went there for him....

Look Jack if my grandfather wanted to go on holiday I wouldn’t have taken him there for health reasons funny how he died on his return...

Last thing I don’t want to do is argue the toss about whether he should have gone all im saying is I wouldn’t have taken my elderly relative there for a holiday especially at his time of life....

So if he hadnt have gone on that holiday he might've lived for another 6 months?

The man was 100 years old 

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

So if he hadnt have gone on that holiday he might've lived for another 6 months?

The man was 100 years old 

How many people do you know at the age of 99-100 that go on cruises !!!!....

Anyway night night sleep well !!!!....

5 hours ago, Box11 said:

How many people do you know at the age of 99-100 that go on cruises !!!!....

...during a global pandemic which was affecting older people much more than younger people, and at a time barely any countries were accepting tourists from the UK, and at a time the UK government were suggesting to people not to go on holiday.

The whole thing was ludicrous.

Edited by HeHasRisen

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The young woman has admitted the criminal act and has rightly been refused bail.  She's likely to be sentenced to between 12 - 18 months in prison which is not long enough in my opinion. 

Of course its long enough ffs. People actually do much worse than this, you know, by actually hurting living things, and get much less or nothing whatsoever. 

• Like 1

In the spirit of all publicity is good publicity, this protest has certainly made people aware of the issue she was protesting about.  Has it garnered any sympathy or genuine interest in the cause though?  I've only heard expressions of disgust, plus sympathy for the people who have to clean up the mess. 

Similarly, the artist member of the '****** Off Trannies' group that protested a ruling by the Equality and Human Rights Commission that single-sex services must be offered in public places, by peeing herself and pouring pee over her head, then leaving more pee at the EHRC building, attracted approval only from fellow activists, as far as I can tell.

It all seems rather counterproductive if the method you're using to raise awareness provokes mostly revulsion and consequent disapproval.

_____

*** In case you can't work out what the swear filter is censoring, it rhymes with 'hissed'.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Would people on here be demanding the person gets over a year in jail if the statue was of Margaret Thatcher, or Cecil Rhodes, or Jimmy Savile?

Somehow I doubt it.

A jail sentence is clearly ridiculous.  A fine and, ideally, costs for cleaning up the mess is sufficient.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

There was no justification for including the name of Savile.   

Yes there was. A statue is a statue, the crime remains the same and whoever the statue is of shouldnt dictate the sentence.

In all cases jail time is disproportionate. Didn't 4 people dump a statue in the sea in Bristol and receive no sentence at all?

Edited by HeHasRisen