What's Hapend To Our Oil And Gas And Wind Farms .

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK. Still don't buy that, because no-one is going to do all that for free.

But in return for your work on that, you get power. And you replicate the same system for food, electrical goods, housing, luxuries and everything else. So although Dave works on the power supply and gets his power for free, he also gets everything else free. Jane works in food production and gets her food free, and also the power that Dave helped produce, and everything else. We already know how to do all of these things, it's not difficult.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

But in return for your work on that, you get power. And you replicate the same system for food, electrical goods, housing, luxuries and everything else. So although Dave works on the power supply and gets his power for free, he also gets everything else free. Jane works in food production and gets her food free, and also the power that Dave helped produce, and everything else. We already know how to do all of these things, it's not difficult.

Again like when we had pits the miners got free coal.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

You better explain this plan to the rest of the world then. Personally, I can't see how it would work.

25 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You better explain this plan to the rest of the world then. Personally, I can't see how it would work.

It's literally just a case of production and distribution. That's it. Back in time, things didn't have a cost or a monetary value. Then we decided to give things a cost. We just need to back up and decide that they don't have a cost again. There's nothing more complex or problematic than anything we already do.

31 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Again like when we had pits the miners got free coal.

Is it the Free Miners in the Forest of Dean who can mine and keep any coal they get?

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's literally just a case of production and distribution. That's it. Back in time, things didn't have a cost or a monetary value. Then we decided to give things a cost. We just need to back up and decide that they don't have a cost again. There's nothing more complex or problematic than anything we already do.

Is it the Free Miners in the Forest of Dean who can mine and keep any coal they get?

You've baffled me with that.

I was referring to the coal miners who had free coal delivered to their homes monthly.

Edited by harvey19

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

So you want to go back to a world-wide barter economy?

Just how do the old, disabled or  other unfortunate people fare in that situation??

Edited by RollingJ

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So you want to go back to a world-wide barter economy?

I'm not against bartering, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I think a better system is that as a society we democratically decide what to produce and how to distribute it. That way, everyone can have what they need, and decisions are made based on what resources we actually have, rather than what's going to make one person rich enough that they can buy an island.

But exchange of goods from one region to another, yeah why not? Resources aren't distributed evenly, so that's going to be necessary on some level.

Edited by Delbow

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I'm not against bartering, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I think a better system is that as a society we democratically decide what to produce and how to distribute it. That way, everyone can have what they need, and decisions are made based on what resources we actually have, rather than what's going to make one person rich enough that they can buy an island.

But exchange of goods from one region to another, yeah why not? Resources aren't distributed evenly, so that's going to be necessary on some level.

Nice idea - but in a world economy, IMHO, unworkable.

And you failed to answer my second pint.

Edited by RollingJ