What's Hapend To Our Oil And Gas And Wind Farms .

22 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Nice idea - but in a world economy, IMHO, unworkable.

And you failed to answer my second pint.

You're getting me a second pint? Cheers!

Ah, you edited. You could only reasonably expect people to do what they're able to - if they can do a bit, do a bit. If they can't, don't. "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need"

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

You're getting me a second pint? Cheers!

Ah, you edited. You could only reasonably expect people to do what they're able to - if they can do a bit, do a bit. If they can't, don't. "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need"

Apologies for the spelling error, but you knew what I meant! AND I edited before you replied.

So the 'economically inactive' would get it all free?

30 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Apologies for the spelling error, but you knew what I meant! AND I edited before you replied.

So the 'economically inactive' would get it all free?

I think people would generally be a lot more productive. There are loads of people who have skills and talents but for various reasons they can't meet the demands of a profit driven business. That doesn't mean they can't do anything, but too many people are excluded because of the demands of competitive business. Much better to have a system where people contribute what they can, not just in terms of work, but art, companionship, caring, all sorts. Too much talent gets wasted when everything is turned into a financial transaction.

On 03/10/2022 at 14:04, Dromedary said:

So what are you suggesting that we start to build new pits to replace the closed ones which will take many years and many £billions to get up and running? We then will have to get people to work in them again.

One been ready to go for years, but it keeps getting delayed. Scroll down to the bottom and see all the articles when the report was due.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-62499981

17 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

One been ready to go for years, but it keeps getting delayed. Scroll down to the bottom and see all the articles when the report was due.

I think we'll struggle to find people to work down the mines......its too much hard work for the snowflake generation

We'd have to import workers 

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

The Cumbrian coal is not intended for use in power stations.

The coking coal would be too costly and the Generators would need special and expensive modification.

Given the ages of the remaining  Generators modifications would not be worthwhile.

There are 'open cast' sites which could supply  'thermal' coal.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Yes I have read about that one and that it keeps getting delayed. Even if it gets up and running it won't help much as Annie Bynnol has pointed out. Its output is also limited to 2.78m tonnes a year.