Discord. Can Anyone Answer This Please?

Right, Discord isn't my thing so I know very little about it.

Here's the dilemma.

I've just had a very tearful daughter come to me and say she has left a group on Discord.

It's these 4 guys she watched and they just chat, tell jokes, have a laugh and she loved them.

Anyway, during a Discord thingy she said Hello (pinged) to one of these guys and her account was immediately silenced for a time.

She thought it must have been a mistake and thought nothing more of it.

Well it's now happened twice more and so she left the group. 

No biggie, I accept that.

However she had a paid subscription and bought a lot of their merchandise as she Is a big fan which is why she is so upset.

So I'm asking, is this Normal on Discord?

Getting restricted just for saying HI to the guys she PAYS for the privilege of watching?

Seems absolutely crazy to me or am I just out of touch?

(for clarity, I checked her account and yes, she was restricted for saying Hi)

Nobody seems to know the rules to anything any more, or how anything works, or who's in charge.

We're completely at the mercy of the companies these days. We've lost control of things.

They call all the shots and we have no redress. Welcome to the digital world folks.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Nobody seems to know the rules to anything any more, or how anything works, or who's in charge.

We're completely at the mercy of the companies these days. We've lost control of things.

They call all the shots and we have no redress. Welcome to the digital world folks.

Stinks dosent it 😪

Hello.

I was interested in this thread after reading yesterday that civil servants in an Indian state have been banned from using the word Hello as it is too western. I have looked up a few other cases of people being banned from using Hello. I read one article from 2014 that said if a man says hello to a woman and the woman replies hello it means she is 'willing'.  I also read that someone was banned from Discord for not saying 'Bye' at the end of the conversation. I know nothing about Discord, I don't want to.

No one can say 'Hello' like Leslie Phillips, now he did have annotations with the way he said it (acceptable in those days but probably not now). It seems to me that the world has gone mad.

Anyway, 'Bye' just in case.