C Of E Abuses Cases Go Into The Hundreds

I was brought up a Catholic and went to a Catholic all girls school taught by nuns. Although there was no physical abuse the mental abuse was bad. There were no happy moments and we had to pray a lot. I couldn’t wait to leave at 15 years old  and the nuns were mad because I didn’t stay on to take O and A levels then go on to university, but I was so unhappy there. The final insult came when they asked me : Why are you top in English and bottom in Maths ? Fancy asking a schoolchild that ! I finally left the church when they banned women using the birth control pill. Also if priests were found to be committing sexual offences in their parish they were just moved on to another parish ! Right ! Got that off my chest !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I was brought up a Catholic and went to a Catholic all girls school taught by nuns. Although there was no physical abuse the mental abuse was bad. There were no happy moments and we had to pray a lot. I couldn’t wait to leave at 15 years old  and the nuns were mad because I didn’t stay on to take O and A levels then go on to university, but I was so unhappy there. The final insult came when they asked me : Why are you top in English and bottom in Maths ? Fancy asking a schoolchild that ! I finally left the church when they banned women using the birth control pill. Also if priests were found to be committing sexual offences in their parish they were just moved on to another parish ! Right ! Got that off my chest !

Sad !!!!....

I know the church beliefs are based around Jesus Christ suffering so they inflict suffering onto other people which I find bizarre !!!!....

Guest makapaka
13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

"BBC News - Church of England abuse cases run to hundreds" - and that is just the abuse survivors that have been able to disclose their abuse sadly. My thoughts go out to the survivors and families, while the Church of England needs significant change

Why isn’t Tommy Robinson outside the churches campaigning?

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You and your pals took away his right to free speech

Well done by the way 👍

I haven’t done that.

No one has done that. And who are my pals?