C Of E Abuses Cases Go Into The Hundreds

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Will you lot stop bickering and stay on the subject being discussed  ?  Why is it just the men who bicker ? No women are doing it !

It separates the men from the boys so at least we know who the men are don't we?

Guest ThaBoom
14 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m not sure if this report includes Catholic Churches but I have thought in the past that when priests take their vow of celibacy which I feel is an outdated practice are they more open to temptation?  Should catholic priests be allowed to marry?  

I must admit I’m out of my depth on this subject and I’m not religious.

Humans were never meant to be celibate so I can see your point- this vow of  celibacy is bull.

There seems to be something about Catholicism which attracts the worse sort of people; they're either sadistic nuns or paedophile priests. I vaguely remember seeing a TV programme a long time ago on which a Catholic priest was explaining why men like him became priests. It was something about men like him who are afraid of women so they join up and take a vow of celibacy to hide the real reason for joining the church. Presumably, they still have sexual desires so they take them out on children who they aren't afraid of.

24 minutes ago, despritdan said:

There seems to be something about Catholicism which attracts the worse sort of people; they're either sadistic nuns or paedophile priests. I vaguely remember seeing a TV programme a long time ago on which a Catholic priest was explaining why men like him became priests. It was something about men like him who are afraid of women so they join up and take a vow of celibacy to hide the real reason for joining the church. Presumably, they still have sexual desires so they take them out on children who they aren't afraid of.

Abuse seems to be prevalent in people in positions of power, they get the feeling (and they're not wrong in a lot of cases) that they are untouchable, there have been many cases of abuse in childrens homes and the like where the management (usually individuals respected in their communities) have gone on to abuse.

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

Will you lot stop bickering and stay on the subject being discussed  ?  Why is it just the men who bicker ? No women are doing it !

Well said !!!!....

I used to get caught up with bickering on the football section so I stopped posting on there but yet again well said let’s stay on topic because it is a serious issue !!!!...