Qatar World Cup 2022

Jack Grey

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I really am getting sick to death of the Beeb and other MSM banging on about Qatar's attitude to homosexuality and if all the players should wear gay armbands and risk being sent off etc. There are far worse things happening in the world, e.g. in China and even the Ukraine, yet I do not remember all this furore during the 2008 Olympics, nor much in the way of demands for protest during the 2018 world cup in Russia.

Is it just because the world has become even more woke ? And if so how far is it going to go ?

Are they footballers or politicians ?

its 🤡 🤡 like you that create the need, so I can see  why you're always objecting to everything others are doing to negate people like yourself.

Well done Alex Scott for wearing hers on the BBC

12 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes yes yes but was Marcus Rashford able to go swimming in April 2020?

You bought up Covid......

Nobody was able to go swimming in April 2020 because the government had locked us all down, because they were following the example of China, an authoritarian dictatorship which thinks nothing of welding people's fire escapes shut to keep them in.

And all that suppression didn't work anyway, it just shagged the economy and ruined many people's lives fo rmonths, some forever.

And there it is.

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"

Antagonistic ?  Yes
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Yes
Offensive ?  Not much
Disruptive ?  Yes

A solid 4 out of 5.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

Well GS was spot on to concern himself with England’s defending rather than gloat about their attacking prowess. The Wales v USA game told me that neither were a contender for glory, albeit either being able to trouble England.

In theory that draw means whoever scores most against Iran, minus how many they let in vs England, will qualify in second. But as you have just seen from the early result, theory goes out the window sometimes.

On 22/11/2022 at 10:25, HeHasRisen said:

And there it is.

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"

Antagonistic ?  Yes
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Yes
Offensive ?  Not much
Disruptive ?  Yes

A solid 4 out of 5.

I take it you are talking about your own post there ? :

On 21/11/2022 at 21:53, HeHasRisen said:

Yes yes yes but was Marcus Rashford able to go swimming in April 2020?

On a football thread.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

How many staff have the BBC sent here?there must be a lot of our license money wasted here.

Oh and credit to the Germans for standing up to Fifa.

Its not a waste at all, its the biggest football event in four and a half years. Presenting it from a cupboard in Salford is hardly the same.