Qatar World Cup 2022

Jack Grey

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The  game against Germany in 2010 in South Africa, 2nd round - the one I referred to as "that one".

There isn’t no more,England always think they’re hard done to.

Back to World Cup Cameroon we’re a joy tonight,Englands got their hardest game against Senagal.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

When Terry obstructed the Portuguese keeper?

That was 98 and Shearer was supposed to have.

Correction you are correct is was Terry in 2004.

Anyway your turn to answer tell me anyone in international football the have has worse decisions than  England have.

Video evidence has shown both  Cambell goals should have stood.

Page 4 - 10 historic football moments that video technology could've changed (sportskeeda.com)

Edited by Alextopman

19 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

That was 98 and Shearer was supposed to have.

Anyway your turn to answer tell me anyone in international football the have has worse decisions than  England have.

Eh?

Campbell had two goals disallowed.

98 World Cup  v Argentina disallowed for a foul on the keeper by Shearer - basically elbowed him.

2004  Euros v Portugal disallowed for a foul on the keeper by Terry - lent back on him.

Both might have been allowed in the days of Nat Lofthouse or even Jack Charlton.

We support England and mainly watch England games so we're not likely to take the same sort of umbrage that other countries would re their disallowed goals etc .

IMHO worst ever was the foul by Schumacher for Germany on Battison for France - 82 World Cup semi - could have killed him but not even booked.

Edited by Longcol

Just now, Longcol said:

Eh?

Campbell had two goals disallowed.

98 v Argentina disallowed for a foul on the keeper by Shearer - basically elbowed him.

2004 v Portugal disallowed for a foul on the keeper by Terry - lent back on him.

Both might have been allowed in the days of Nat Lofthouse or even Jack Charlton.

We support England and mainly watch England games so we're not likely to take the same sort of umbrage that other countires would re their disallowed goals etc .

IMHO worst ever was the foul by Schumacher for Germany on Battison for France - 82 World Cup semi - could have killed him but not even booked.

I've given you a link which says both Cambell goals should have stood.

I can also provide one saying the hand of god is the worst refereeing decision in history.

All opinions and as I said we have had more than our fair share.

You asked for examples obviously not agreeing, I provided them.

I respect your opinion perhaps you should respect mine.

21 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I've given you a link which says both Cambell goals should have stood.

The opinions are from an Indian sports site - not really qualified refs are they?

My opinion re: hand of god - only when we saw the replay it was clearly handball. Refs didn't have VAR in those days. Watching on telly my first reaction was WTF was Shilton doing?

Edited by Longcol

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

The opinions are from an Indian sports site - not really qualified refs are they?

My opinion re: hand of god - only when we saw the replay it was clearly handball. Refs didn't have VAR in those days. Watching on telly my first reaction was WTF was Shilton doing?

I was in the crowd and saw it and everyone around me did.

What nationality is required for opinions to be correct?.

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

In Mexico in 86?

Funny it's the first time you've mentioned it AFAIK.

What's funny about it?

I've been to a few World cups.

I went to the only 0-0 draw in Japan and came home with a motorbike and still have it.

I've also been to a few European Championships.

Last count I've also seen United play in Ten different countries.

Hand Of God.  What about the Hand of Frog in 2009?   

Thierry Henry's double handball to keep the ball in play in the Rep. of Ireland's penalty box before he passed to Gallas to stick it in the Irish net, meaning the French qualified for the 2010 World Cup?  Multiple camera angles but at that time of course, no VAR. 

To rub salt into the wound, Henry admitted he committed the handball hours later. 

Let's be fair.  Domestically, internationally, supporters of all teams have suffered at some point. 

Edited by Baron99