Qatar World Cup 2022

Jack Grey

26 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

FIFA didn’t say they would be booked.

It was clearly the inferrence being made. As I said, unfair to put any player in that position.

I mean the correct thing to do would be for every team to walk off the field of play once the game starts, but they wouldnt have the balls to do that and it would need most to do it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not a fan of them myself but once England had said HK was going to wear one they should have gone through with it.

It was the right decision- this is about football and should stay that way.

WC has never been about political statements or what a country does or doesn't do.

Every nation has done wrong/does wrong somewhere and UK is definitely no exception!

13 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

It was the right decision- this is about football and should stay that way.

WC has never been about political statements or what a country does or doesn't do.

Every nation has done wrong/does wrong somewhere and UK is definitely no exception!

But how will Southgate and Kane get their protest about lgbtqi  rights across 

Edited by hackey lad

1 hour ago, zakes said:

If Prince William is the Prince of Wales, then why the hell is he supporting the England team? That is utter madness, and I can only assume that Prince Billy is George Raft.

He's President of the English FA & he was put on the spot in an interview.   I think he diplomatically wants a draw & for both of them to go through. 

In reality, everybody knows the World over that everyone's accepted 2nd international team is Brazil. 

I wonder who the Brazilians choose as their 2nd team? 

I really am getting sick to death of the Beeb and other MSM banging on about Qatar's attitude to homosexuality and if all the players should wear gay armbands and risk being sent off etc. There are far worse things happening in the world, e.g. in China and even the Ukraine, yet I do not remember all this furore during the 2008 Olympics, nor much in the way of demands for protest during the 2018 world cup in Russia.

Is it just because the world has become even more woke ? And if so how far is it going to go ?

Are they footballers or politicians ?

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I really am getting sick to death of the Beeb and other MSM banging on about Qatar's attitude to homosexuality and if all the players should wear gay armbands and risk being sent off etc. There are far worse things happening in the world, e.g. in China and even the Ukraine, yet I do not remember all this furore during the 2008 Olympics, nor much in the way of demands for protest during the 2018 world cup in Russia.

Is it just because the world has become even more woke ? And if so how far is it going to go ?

Are they footballers or politicians ?

It's a bit like the hypocritical Gobby Neville with him raising the issues of migrant workers pay & working conditions in Qatar & being all 'concerned' while at the same time grabbing a fortune in Qatari Rials by working for Qatar's state owned beIN Sports as a pundit during the World Cup. 

Also Neville's best mate, the 'right on' woke as they come, Mr Beckham is acting as a paid ambassador for the Qatari's in the run up to & during the World Cup.  Listening to the editors of the Daily Mail & Daily Mirror this morning, Beckham has pocketed a minimum of £5 million, (but it could be as high as £15 million), & the joint consensus of both editors, based on what they've been told, is that this association with the Qatari Govt has put an end to any Knighthood that Beckham craves. 

Now if Beckham was a Tory, Neville a would be calling him out while frothing at the mouth. 

Edited by Baron99