Best Car You've Driven?

Two VW Sciroccos in the 1980s - great cars.

Now - 1Series BMW coupe  with 3litre straight 6 engine .Best car I’ve ever had,I love it so much I’ve had it for 10 years,can’t bear to part with it.Only little drawback-it’s not brilliant in snow and ice,despite winter tyres. However,as I’m now retired,I don’t have to drive it every day,so no longer a problem.

The car I wish I had,but never did - VW Corrado VR6 (if only…!)

I’ve had that many cars I can’t honestly remember them all, however my Rheumatoid Arthritis has sort of made my mind up in favour of SUV’s as they are far easier to get in and out of. I’m currently driving  Freelander 2.2 diesel, it’s very comfortable and vision wise is great.

18 hours ago, L00b said:

Search function seems to be borked for me, the page just refuses to load, so I can’t link you to the relevant thread I’m afraid.

If search works for you, try and find a thread called “worst drivers, what cars do they drive?” (or something like that) and you’re sure to get the Audi / Justin inside joke.

Finally found it.

I get it now. Cheers matey 👍 

17 hours ago, SteelcityFX said:

Define best, <…>

Is a very good point, because ‘best’ is very relative, after all.

Like you posted, to some people it’s the most reliable. As others posted, to others it’s the most memorable, or the fastest, or <…>.

To me, it has to be a combination of features, that make it unrivalled compared to older or newer ones.

On that basis, I’m revising my initial post. It’s got to be the MX-5. So “best”, that we’ve kept it 21 years, and no intention to part with it still, or ever. Bought it as a ‘nearly new’ at 3 years old, it’s now become a ‘modern classic’ (“old timer” acc. to local insurers’ criteria).

The Jag is just the closest that’s ever come to it yet, in terms of driving pleasure and all-round goodness etc. compared to everything else I’ve ever driven in that time and before. But even on rails as it is, it’s big, heavy, thirsty…and not a ragtop. And that has to count (tested a couple of F-Types in recent years, one with same 3.0 supercharged engine as mine, other larier still, and…nah. Same with Mini Cooper S convert that Mrs had awhile: fun little thing, but crashy ride, and I could never get used to the driving position nor the *****y gear box).

Edited by L00b