Green Energy Scam?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, is it?

My supplier boasts of using only electricity from renewable sources.

Wind, solar, hydro..

I wont pretend i know much about this subject So I was confused why my electricity was going up in price at the same rate as 'dirty' energy.  I mean, green is the way forward right?

This was the reply.....

Thanks for getting in touch about our prices increasing.

There aren’t separate markets for green and non-green energy sources. Once renewable electricity enters the grid, it carries the same wholesale cost as non-green electricity. That means that when electricity produced by burning fossil fuels becomes more expensive, renewable electricity does too.

So, what's the point of bragging about how cheap green energy is in comparison to fossil fuel when in the end it cost the same?

Or am I missing something?

Reality?  :)

The real scam will be allowing people like Al Gore and John Kerry and the celebs to buy "carbon credits"  to continue their private flying, yachting and multi mansions.  :)

35 minutes ago, iansheff said:

A bit off topic but did anyone watch Panorama the other night about Drax, apparently the pellets they burn causes more co2 than burning coal, but they get millions of pounds in subsidies.

I did, it was quite appalling 

50 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why pedantic? It’s not the generating companies making the claim.

:rolleyes:

Pedantic:

The definition of pedantic is someone who is very concerned with the details of a subject and tends to overly show off their knowledge.

Seems like there is heavy traffic on the bridge today....:hihi:

Edited by Dromedary