One Off Or Cracks Appearing. An Aldi Closing .

Companies always assess their estates, the one at Meadowhall Retail Park closed years ago, they havent gone bust since have they?

Wetherspoons are closing 32 of their pubs but still looking to open in new places (such as Wetherby) as an example. Cut the dead wood.

Aldi have just overtaken Morrisons to become the 4th biggest supermarket by market share, I believe. They arent going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

They have several other stores in Rotherham, and are planning to open more stores in the near future so I doubt it.

Yes, there is one at Masbro and one that is near Parkgate retail park. 

Someone on another forum  mentioned the profits going back to Germany. I like Aldi whereever it is. I spend a lot more there than I do in Tesco extra. I hope Aldi stay.

Is this the cheapest way to set up new retail?

It seems strange to allow something like this, we have building regulations for a reason. How do the neighboring retail outlets feel about this? I don't know the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-63219916?at_campaign=64&at_custom4=5FD470F4-49F1-11ED-90B0-FA8D96E8478F&at_custom1=link&at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Regional+BBC+Yorkshire+

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is this the cheapest way to set up new retail?

It seems strange to allow something like this, we have building regulations for a reason. How do the neighboring retail outlets feel about this? I don't know the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-63219916?at_campaign=64&at_custom4=5FD470F4-49F1-11ED-90B0-FA8D96E8478F&at_custom1=link&at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Regional+BBC+Yorkshire+

If only there was a massive, 30+ page thread in the Sheffield section where this has been getting discussed for months.