One Off Or Cracks Appearing. An Aldi Closing .

On 07/10/2022 at 19:18, mart said:

Just heard Fitzwilliam Rd store is closing in Rotherham on 16th Oct. Is this a sign of things to come. Any closing in Sheffield? 

It's closing due to the losses through shoplifting by the local inhabitants. Staff can't keep up, police don't want to know because dealing with it would upset the local community...

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well go and ask in that thread then, its on the first page. Cack all to do with Aldi 🤣

Its the implications on this type of shops being opened nationally that I find interesting, not just one place.

7 hours ago, Resident said:

It's closing due to the losses through shoplifting by the local inhabitants. Staff can't keep up, police don't want to know because dealing with it would upset the local community...

Can you show us where  the source of your information is from, that  you have posted above? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mart said:

Can you show us where  the source of your information is from, that  you have posted above? 

First part: From talking to actual staff from the store

Second part, There are nearly 2000 sources for that information in Rotherham and many more in Rochdale, Oxford, Keighley, Aylesbuty, Bristol.

Here's an excerpt from testimony in which a youth worker went to SYP to report CSE in the town: 

She said that at one meeting she was told: “I was going against perpetrators’ human rights, I was rocking the multicultural boat, I was being racist.

Edited by Resident

3 hours ago, mart said:

The thread is about an Aldi store closing in Rotherham. Why are you posting about child sexual abuse on this thread. What is wrong with you.

You asked for sources. I gave you them and you launch into a personal attack, to use your own words, 'What is wrong with you?' 

• Like 1

Guest ThaBoom

Aldi are on the up, 9.3% market share and now in top 4 of supermarkets.

This closure is likely logistical reasons, they have busier stores nearby and probably realise now its not financially viable to keep this one.

I understand the area is run down so perhaps Aldi rather go looking elsewhere. They sold one in Hull 2 years ago and I know the people who snapped it up- making it into  a different type of supermarket with more focus on foods from around the world.

Now called Haris & Co and an Asda is next to it.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/look-inside-new-haris--6895486

Edited by ThaBoom
Link

8 hours ago, Resident said:

You asked for sources. I gave you them and you launch into a personal attack, to use your own words, 'What is wrong with you?' 

You have not provided any sources at all. Why are you posting about child sexual abuse on this thread?  

• Like 1