Police And Hate Crime

47 minutes ago, carosio said:

Let's try an example, if someone posted "I think that a certain religion's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense", would that be considered hate speech?

Not certain,  if it was posted by someone famous,  and the police didn't step in,  then would they get a fatwa?

Would Jeffrey Shaw know?

4 hours ago, cressida said:

Which crimes do the police consider hate crimes,  we should know what we can be arrested for,   for instance,  can people be arrested or even cautioned for what they say in their own house?

I think you'll find people scream hate crime these days when someone just disagrees with them.  The police are now obliged to investigate any such 'crime' as its down to the perception of the aggrieved party as to whether they are hurt or not. 

As for whether people can be investigated, (rather than arrested), for saying something in their own house, then an investigation would probably take place but you still need evidence.   It's this sort of nonsense that ties police time up these days. 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Thank goodness for,

"Whatever happens in Padders Bar stays in Padders Bar"

Not if I spot it 

3 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Until a publisher offers you a load of money to write a tell all book.

Exactly. The stuff I’ve seen in Padders Bar is like the last days of the Roman Empire 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, cressida said:

So if for example people stalk someone in a wheelchair and the police are aware of it they do nothing?

They wouldn't wait for a fire to be reported 

Edited by cressida

43 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I think you'll find people scream hate crime these days when someone just disagrees with them.  The police are now obliged to investigate any such 'crime' as its down to the perception of the aggrieved party as to whether they are hurt or not. 

As for whether people can be investigated, (rather than arrested), for saying something in their own house, then an investigation would probably take place but you still need evidence.   It's this sort of nonsense that ties police time up these days. 

Apparently there's a thing called a None crime Hate crime too 🙄🤣

19 hours ago, carosio said:

Let's try an example, if someone posted "I think that a certain religion's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense", would that be considered hate speech?

Lets try some:

I think that Christianity's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

I think that Islam's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

I think Gammonism's beliefs are crackpot, and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

2 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Lets try some:

I think that Christianity's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

I think that Islam's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

I think Gammonism's beliefs are crackpot, and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense

You missed one. I think Wokeism's beliefs are crackpot and can't understand why anyone can believe such nonsense.

• Like 2