Xmas lunch, the broadfield abbeydale rd.

Baron99

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I am confused here. How much do you THINK all the above should be?

Its Xmas Day ffs. People have been paying inflated prices for eating out on this day for as long as I remember.

The best thing about that price is that you dont have to wash up or load the dishwasher

And you cant have relatives overstaying their welcome because you can say your goodbyes in the car park 

Guest makapaka

Plus Christmas “lunch” (eurgh) has got to be the most overrated experience ever.

dread it every year but can’t talk my family out of changing it.

If a family of 4 or more want to pay me £60 each I will come to their house and cook Xmas dinner for them, wear a Santa hat, whistle festive tunes and get wasted on their sherry.

Strictly mushroom wellington , haggis en croute, or nut roast though.

1 minute ago, Norbert said:

If a family of 4 or more want to pay me £60 each I will come to their house and cook Xmas dinner for them, wear a Santa hat, whistle festive tunes and get wasted on their sherry.

Strictly mushroom wellington , haggis en croute, or nut roast though.

I love this 😁

Woman reveals she's received a £100 BILL from her 'ridiculous' sister-in-law for Christmas dinner - even though her family brought their own booze

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7848867/Woman-branded-sister-law-ridiculous-charging-100-family-Christmas-dinner.html

After reading all the comments on this thread, I sense an opportunity to make a bit of dosh...

"PADDERS BAR XMAS DINNER"

Starters........ASDA Beef & Vegetable soup.

Main course.. Pukka Chicken and Mushroom pie.

Dessert.......  2 Chocolate Lebkuchen Rounds

A free kiss under the Mistletoe from our lovely Eileen. (Not compulsory)

A free selfie with Flapper.

1 free drink available from our comprehensive wine bar..(Sambuca cocktails etc not included)

All this for under a tenner £9-99.

Enjoy your Xmas day in the scenic and peaceful grounds of our establishment.

Book early to avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 22:45, HeHasRisen said:

Or, for just a tenner less than the Broadfield, how about some mass produced sh11te in a grubby Best Western hotel?

Screenshot-20221011-224405-Samsung-Inter

Or for substantially less than The Broadfield, you can have Xmas lunch at the 4 star, Mercure Hotel in the city centre. 

https://www.christmasvenues.com/party/8086/festive-lunches-at-mercure-sheffield-st-pauls-hotel-and-spa

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with The Broadfield for a drink, (above average range of drink choices for a suburb pub), & the usual foods in line with most pubs prices but anyone who's prepared to fork out £80 for grub in an average pub, good luck to them but I'd say they need to give their head a wobble before putting a deposit down.  I'd definitely want to see an example of what I'd be getting.  There's no photo of the Xmas lunch on the promotional material. 

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Or for substantially less than The Broadfield, you can have Xmas lunch at the 4 star, Mercure Hotel in the city centre. 

https://www.christmasvenues.com/party/8086/festive-lunches-at-mercure-sheffield-st-pauls-hotel-and-spa

That link says "from £25" for dates up to and including the 23rd. Nothing about Xmas Day.

Christmas day is actually £88. So 10% more than the Broadfield 😂

https://www.christmasvenues.com/party/8092/christmas-day-lunch-at-mercure-sheffield-st-pauls-hotel-and-spa

You didnt really think the Mercure was churning out a 3 course meal on Xmas Day for £25 did you? As a comparison, the Broadfield's pre-Xmas Day 3 course menu is £28.95, and for an extra £2.55 you can whack a drink on.  £5 off those prices for eating between M-F 12-4.  Details on their FB page, the menu looks better than the Mercure one tbh and you likely dont have to sit in a soulless basement function room there either.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest makapaka

One thing I would say about the wages justification. 

I’d love to know what they’re paying to some student that warrants charging £80 for a Sunday dinner.😂😂