Somalia The Worse Famine In 40 Years

Whilst  Countries are willing to supply arms to the various clans who are all  at each other’s throats and with the populace caught in the middle giving aid is no easy task as it is hived off to profit the corrupt or stolen to buy arms.

The USA tried by military means to stabilise the country to aid the people but were driven out by the warring factions. 
I can see why people have tired of giving money for aid when all it seems to do is go to the clans fighting over it.

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just seen on news. David( International Rescue ) Milliband saying people aren’t doing enough . Wonder what his organisation are doing, or even what he’s doing for his million £ salary  ? 

A fiver from every man and woman  who are struggling them self is a gift worth giving ten times more than one from any rich person . Karma will take care of the out come .

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Youve always gotta make it personal havent you

Go and annoy somewhere else

You make it personal by slagging of little kids who lie  in their mothers arms and die because the mother has no milk in her breast to feed them . 

I'll play the unpopular opinion card and say that there are millions in this country who are struggling to feed themselves and their families and to keep a roof over their head, never mind also struggling to keep it warm.
Sort your own country out before you start trying to fix others.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

A fiver from every man and woman  who are struggling them self is a gift worth giving ten times more than one from any rich person . Karma will take care of the out come .

You make it personal by slagging of little kids who lie  in their mothers arms and die because the mother has no milk in her breast to feed them . 

First of all i dont know them personally...i cannot worry about every person who doesnt have a good as life as me because i would be miserable like you

One third of the planet lives in poverty.....im not gonna get upset because you mentioned it on Sheffield Forum

Secondly, i give to animal charities and i choose which ones i give to

Also, over the years i mustve given thousands of pounds to Africa and nothing has changed

There will always be war, famine and disease and there are so many people here in the UK from other countries that charity now needs to start at home

£5 million a day is being spent from our taxes to house illegal migrants in hotels......why should we send money abroad when we import poverty

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

I'll play the unpopular opinion card and say that there are millions in this country who are struggling to feed themselves and their families and to keep a roof over their head, never mind also struggling to keep it warm.
Sort your own country out before you start trying to fix others.

Including Ukraine????

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Including Ukraine????

Yup, why not, I think people here now are absolutely sick of it now. Prices of food have gone up because of it, prices of petrol have gone up because of it, they even won Eurovision on a massive sympathy vote and guess who would have won it without this? Likely would have been the United Kingdom, so diddled there too.

The irony is that the people who seem to support us sending weapons to Ukraine are always complaining about us causing wars around the world and how bad our empire was etc

Coincidentally, its the same people who want to welcome hundreds of millions of economic migrants and then they complain about the overcrowded NHS and public services  

6 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The irony is that the people who seem to support us sending weapons to Ukraine are always complaining about us causing wars around the world and how bad our empire was etc

Coincidentally, its the same people who want to welcome hundreds of millions of economic migrants and then they complain about the overcrowded NHS and public services  

The good people