Coronation 6th May

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

The Coronation will be a magnificent display of pageantry and our history.

Anyone  who doesn’t feel a sense of belonging and pride are missing a great opportunity.

Don't you think we're in danger of becoming a Ruritanian backwater with very little to offer but misplaced pomp and pageantry?

We are no longer the world power we were.  We have to get over ourselves and achieve something in the real world.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Don't you think we're in danger of becoming a Ruritanian backwater with very little to offer but misplaced pomp and pageantry?

We are no longer the world power we were.  We have to get over ourselves and achieve something in the real world.

All you say does not mean we have to lose the history that make us British and the Coronation is an important component.

7 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Do you think your remark is suitable or clever ?

Blind patriotism isnt clever either

7 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Same old moans.

Same old traditions, blind patriotism and jingoism

5 hours ago, harvey19 said:

All you say does not mean we have to lose the history that make us British and the Coronation is an important component.

yeah since they are from German ancestry :rolleyes: very British, as i said BLIND patriotism, blind to the realities, trapped in OLD traditions

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Blind patriotism isnt clever either

Same old traditions, blind patriotism and jingoism

yeah since they are from German ancestry :rolleyes: very British, as i said BLIND patriotism, blind to the realities, trapped in OLD traditions

What are you patriotic to ?

If our country was involved in a war and you were conscripted into the armed forces would you swear an oath of allegiance to the monarch ?

Edited by harvey19

19 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You can only be patriotic to a country, i aint patriotic to an accident of birth

19 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You can only be patriotic to a country, i aint patriotic to an accident of birth

What represents the country ?

What do you mean by...an accident of birth ?

Edited by harvey19

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, harvey19 said:

What represents the country ?

What do you mean by...an accident of birth ?

I’m not putting words in his mouth but if he’s anything like me I’m not interested in patriotism for patriotisms sake.

if our country was doing something genuinely good I’d get behind it - but we don’t really - and then we roll out a load of over privileged royals in their uniforms and pretend that means we are.

sod that.