Alex Jones Ordered To Pay $965 Million

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

He was also spot on when he claimed the NSA were listening in on average Americans phone calls.

The sandy hook saga though, not cool.

He said that the government were “putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay.” 😒

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I reckon he might have been on to something there 🤔 

He's a the certified posterboy for conspiracy theories. He has little, if any credibility.

Everybody knows that.

But on another note this could set a precedent for Trump's lawsuit against CNN's 6 year misinformation campaign about "Russian Collusion", "Secret Servers in Trump Tower", their Intelligence Officials, as panelists, accusing him of Treason, and worse.

Trump can claim damage to his reputation, loss of career (President) and untold ridicule, and untold $millions in legal fees visited upon him, his family, and associates.

After all this misinformation came from a major international News Organization, CNN, who claim to be "The Most Trusted Name in News"!

Not some crazy conspiracy theorist!

Republicans have "feelings" too, don't ya know!  :)

(Late edit)

Oh, and the charge that "Experts testified that Jones's audience swelled when he made Sandy Hook a topic on the show, as did his revenue from product sales.

But not nearly as much as CNN 's audience swelled, and revenues from advertising sales did, while they were on their Trump Traitor jag!  :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

He was way out of order about Sandy Hook, since then he's retracted his stance I believe. The thing is though, I don't agree at all with silencing people like Alex Jones, everyone should have a voice in a free and open society, the mainstream media seem to get away with publishing what they like, true or not, why shouldn't independents like Alex? I'd bet my house on them being wrong more times than he has been - without consequences.

Edited by SteelcityFX
missing info

42 minutes ago, trastrick said:

He's a the certified posterboy for conspiracy theories. He has little, if any credibility.

Everybody knows that.

But on another note this could set a precedent for Trump's lawsuit against CNN's 6 year misinformation campaign about "Russian Collusion", "Secret Servers in Trump Tower", their Intelligence Officials, as panelists, accusing him of Treason, and worse.

Nope - no precedent - simple common law of tort.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/damages

"In a tort case, the injured party can receive compensatory damages to compensate for all types of losses, including direct costs for medical car, property damage, or lost wages. It can also include indirect costs such as compensating for pain and suffering or inconvenience. When a tort wrongdoer was willfully reckless or the harm was particularly bad, the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. "

47 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Nope - no precedent - simple common law of tort.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/damages

"In a tort case, the injured party can receive compensatory damages to compensate for all types of losses, including direct costs for medical car, property damage, or lost wages. It can also include indirect costs such as compensating for pain and suffering or inconvenience. When a tort wrongdoer was willfully reckless or the harm was particularly bad, the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. "

All that will be considered if it ever comes to trial!

Also "the intent to deceive" rather than an expressed opinion or belief!

A "knowing intent" to damage the plaintiffs may also figure in the equation.

1 hour ago, SteelcityFX said:

He was way out of order about Sandy Hook, since then he's retracted his stance I believe. The thing is though, I don't agree at all with silencing people like Alex Jones, everyone should have a voice in a free and open society, the mainstream media seem to get away with publishing what they like, true or not, why shouldn't independents like Alex? I'd bet my house on them being wrong more times than he has been - without consequences.

Is the nutter, who stands on the corner shouting The End is Nigh subject to consequences?

Shouting "FIRE" in a cinema?

Even shouting "FIRE" on a crowded planet, a la the eco doomsday crowd, scaring the kids, and adults alike?

Good idea not to dismiss ALL opinions as " load of rubish".

Some turn out to be true!

"Seven times 'disinformation' turned out to be just the opposite"

"From Hunter Biden's laptop to the origins of COVID-19, numerous contentious claims deemed false and misleading by elites have since proven legitimate."....

https://justthenews.com/accountability/political-ethics/here-are-7-times-disinformation-turned-out-be-just-opposite

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

All that will be considered if it ever comes to trial!

As per his attempts at Hillary...unlikely...

Trump’s Case Against Hillary Clinton Thrown Out In Court: ‘Has No Merit As A Lawsuit’:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/09/09/trumps-case-against-hillary-clinton-thrown-out-in-court-has-no-merit-as-a-lawsuit/

Ever consider that if it did, going over everything again and highlighting everything that went on...

...isn't going to do Trump any favours?

Trump would almost certainly have to take the stand... having to take the fifth, even once, would be somewhat embarrassing.

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Seems pointless really

The point is to demonstrate that it's not OK to lie about tragic events and make victims lives misery just to make money of your nut job conspiracy theory channel.

Those families wont see a penny of that money because he doesnt have it

I think he already filed for Bankruptcy 

He claims he doesn't have the money but that's common for people trying to get out of paying damages in an earlier trial:

It is unclear how much of the verdicts Jones can afford to pay. During the trial in Texas, he testified he couldn’t afford any judgment over $2m. Free Speech Systems has filed for bankruptcy protection. But an economist testified in the Texas proceeding that Jones and his company were worth as much as $270m.

1 hour ago, SteelcityFX said:

He was way out of order about Sandy Hook, since then he's retracted his stance I believe.

He only did that in court to try and avoid being fined. He repeated his claims on his channel shortly afterwards.

The thing is though, I don't agree at all with silencing people like Alex Jones, everyone should have a voice in a free and open society, the mainstream media seem to get away with publishing what they like, true or not, why shouldn't independents like Alex? I'd bet my house on them being wrong more times than he has been - without consequences.

Even ignoring the US definition of freedom of speech only relating to a government attempt to prevent it, freedom of speech should never be freedom from the consequences of that speech.

• Like 1