A Shout Out About 'Sheffield Live'

I just wanted to shout out to people who tend not to look much at the Sheffield threads, who don't know about SheffieldForum's live events - 'Sheffield Live'

A very enjoyable night out last night at 'Sheffield Live' at the Mowbray, Mowbray Street. Great venue, good bar and staff.

A great MC and 3 excellent, inspirational Sheffield speakers - an Artist, a Writer, and a Para-Olympion, all interesting, and diverse so something for everyone. 

Nice chance to meet other Forum Users for a chat too.

Thanks to the people who arranged it all.

Next one should be in February, so look out for it, and do come, it's well worth it.

Edited by Anna B

28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I just wanted to shout out to people who tend not to look much at the Sheffield threads, who don't know about SheffieldForum's live events - 'Sheffield Live'

A very enjoyable night out last night at 'Sheffield Live' at the Mowbray, Mowbray Street. Great venue, good bar and staff.

A great MC and 3 excellent, inspirational Sheffield speakers - an Artist, a Writer, and a Para-Olympion, all interesting, and diverse so something for everyone. 

Next one should be in February, so look out for it, and do come, it's well worth it.

Is it mostly Forum members Anna, or just a few.

I might attend the next one and let you buy me a drink.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Anna we used to have Forum Meets years ago in The Harlequin. It was interesting watching members walk in who we had never met before, and we used to guess who they were on SF. I think Sheffield Live could be a good thing if more people came.

Edited by pattricia

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Is it mostly Forum members Anna, or just a few.

I might attend the next one and let you buy me a drink.

You're on Padders, don't forget to wear a red carnation or I'll be buying drinks for everyone!

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I agree pattricia, so will you be coming? 

We need more people to support it to get the numbers up.

Edited by Anna B
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I agree pattricia, so will you be coming? 

We need more people to support it to get the numbers up.

I'd be tempted but only if my safety was garenteed. 

Actually,  thinking about it I could just pretend to be another poster.

A  popular poster though. Reckon that would work?  😬

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd be tempted but only if my safety was garenteed. 

Actually,  thinking about it I could just pretend to be another poster.

A  popular poster though. Reckon that would work?  😬

Maybe pretend to be Presley, all you need to do is to be thick as mince for the whole evening.

• Haha 1