A Shout Out About 'Sheffield Live'

5 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Follow SheffieldForum on Twitter.  Lots of details about SF events on there plus other interesting stuff.   If you're not on Twitter, you can just bookmark that page instead; you don't need to be a Twitter member to read it. 

The Sheffield Forum Live events look more like paid talks than forum members meeting down the pub.  But if you're interested in meet ups, someone from Sheffield Forum seems to be involved with Sheffield Socials too. 

ETA: The next Sheffield Social looks to be on November 10th.  You can sign up here.

Thank you Hecate.

Looks like I’ve got two events mixed up here. Sheffield Live and the old Sheffield Forum Meets are two different events.I’m interested in them both especially if people give talks on Sheffield Live, but they are different . I don’t think they have SF Meets now.

Edited by pattricia

40 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Looks like I’ve got two events mixed up here. Sheffield Live and the old Sheffield Forum Meets are two different events.I’m interested in them both especially if people give talks on Sheffield Live, but they are different . I don’t think they have SF Meets now.

That's right.  The old SF meets were just people on the forum meeting up for a drink.  Nothing to do with the person/company behind the forum. 

The Sheffield Forum Live events are run by the new owners of the the forum as part of the wider Sheffield Forum brand, or hub or whatever, and are meant to attract people from the local community beyond those who post on here.  I think it's £10 a ticket.

49 minutes ago, Hecate said:

That's right.  The old SF meets were just people on the forum meeting up for a drink.  Nothing to do with the person/company behind the forum. 

The Sheffield Forum Live events are run by the new owners of the the forum as part of the wider Sheffield Forum brand, or hub or whatever, and are meant to attract people from the local community beyond those who post on here.  I think it's £10 a ticket.

Thanks Hecate you’ve explained it very well!

6 hours ago, Hecate said:

Follow SheffieldForum on Twitter.  Lots of details about SF events on there plus other interesting stuff.   If you're not on Twitter, you can just bookmark that page instead; you don't need to be a Twitter member to read it. 

The Sheffield Forum Live events look more like paid talks than forum members meeting down the pub.  But if you're interested in meet ups, someone from Sheffield Forum seems to be involved with Sheffield Socials too. 

ETA: The next Sheffield Social looks to be on November 10th.  You can sign up here.

Ahh, y'see I knew nothing of Sheffield Socials.