Hassop Hall Restaurant

Ousetunes

Anyone fancy eating out and looking for something with a little bit of difference to the usual run-of-the-mill pub grub should head for Hassop Hall.

My brother-in-law took my wife and I there for lunch yesterday and it was absolutely wonderful. We're talking top english cuisine in beautiful surroundings and yet at prices far less than one would expect to pay.

You can have a three course meal for less than £20 and the wine list is extensive (I'm saving that for next time).

It's not a place I would have ever considered heading out to for a lunchtime bite, but I'm glad I went because I know it won't be my last visit.

Has anyone else come upon this little delight?

It's on the road to Bakewell, through the lights at Carver and on the right before you drop down toward Chatsworth.

I had pea and mint soup followed by turkey. The roast spuds are just like my grandma used to make. The sweets looked fab but I passed on those. My bro-in-law's wife had roast lamb and it looked lovely.

Oh and I had three pints of Becks which was also in top form.

I love Hassop Hall for the atmosphere, I could argue that the food isn't haute cuisine but for the price and the ambience (which comes by the bucketload) you would be hard pushed to beat it. Try it on a winters evening when the drive is lit by flaming torches and the log fire is roaring in the hall. I went the week it opened way back in nineteen canteen.

Archived