The Nhs Are Critically Short Of Staff, This Is Why (And It's Not The Wages)

1 minute ago, sibon said:

It might be about being flexible if you only have two staff to consider. 

Anyone who has managed large numbers of people will know how tricky that can be. And they would certainly think about it for >5 seconds.

I wonder how flexible Justin would be if both his staff decided they didn’t like working Mondays, or that they both fancied buggering off around the world for a year?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Dictate is not the work I would use, but you are wrong in your implication. I employ two people and I want to keep them happy because we all get on and I want them to stay.

If nobody wanted to work Mondays : well someone would have to, but if it really was unpopular then book fewer patients in on Mondays and have fewer staff in, It's better than having no staff in because they're all leaving.

😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Instead of replying to your PM (please don’t do that again)

I do not know what you are talking about, you make it sound like I'm online harassing you, I very much object to that implication.

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I wonder how flexible Justin would be if both his staff decided they didn’t like working Mondays, or that they both fancied buggering off around the world for a year?

He’d probably just shut up shop for the duration.

I wonder how flexible he would be  if they both asked him to wear a mask at work.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Dictate is not the work I would use, but you are wrong in your implication. I employ two people and I want to keep them happy because we all get on and I want them to stay.

If nobody wanted to work Mondays : well someone would have to, but if it really was unpopular then book fewer patients in on Mondays and have fewer staff in, It's better than having no staff in because they're all leaving.

We have staff that prefer to work nights, that would rather work weekends or weekdays. My friend works on the ward next door, she doesn’t work Wednesdays because she looks after her grandsons.

It’s not always possible to give people the shifts they want, but our Ward Manager does her best to make it fair for everyone.

11 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

3 - Not one person I know is particularly bothered anymore about wearing masks. We only have to do so in clinical areas and for patient contact now.

None of the staff you know mind wearing masks ?

I don't believe that for one second.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I do not know what you are talking about, you make it sound like I'm online harassing you, I very much object to that implication.

You sent me a PM asking what my thoughts are on your latest thread. Why not just ask me in public? 
I don’t trust your motives, and couldn’t care less if you object.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I wonder how flexible he would be  if they both asked him to wear a mask at work.

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?   Very much so
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Definitely
Offensive ?  No
Disruptive ?  Yes

4 out of 5

Just now, Chekhov said:

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?   Very much so
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Definitely
Offensive ?  No
Disruptive ?  Yes

4 out of 5

Nothing remotely trolly about my post. It is simply an inversion of one of your points. 

I did it to point out your hypocrisy.